Sign in to follow this  
Nexerius

About Wasteland

Im sad to see that everyone is flocking to the wasteland servers already. Theres more wasteland servers than anything right now. Its sad, because everyone started playing this as a normal/released game. I talked to a lot of them, and they're already just camping people and sitting and sniping and whatnot. The worst part though, is all the mindless players joining. One guy just took the car i was checking for gear, and span off. He didn't even reply to me, when i asked him to stop, or when i shot once or twice to him. NOBODY even talked. Theres so little teamwork, and i noticed this in other missions so far. People that aren't working together, joins BLUFOR and OPFOR, i don't know why.

Im saying this because im a little worried a bit too many will flock to the game just because of mods like this one. And especially mindless players ruining others experience. I do believe many doesnt even bother to send in suggestion/complaints/bug reports etc. And this is bad, because this is ALPHA and it needs all the reports it can get.

Im not saying this mission/mod will destroy ARMA as we know it, its just that it draws a bit too many players, and leaves some more interesting missions alone, wich should have more attention.

I also ask for a "filter" that will remove servers with keywords you put in, just like WASTELAND.

I hope to see many in more proper COOP/PvP missions, and i can't wait for more content and fixes! :)

people are playing wasteland because theres not that many missions floating about,and its a good way to find bugs and polish the PVP or animations

Wastelands is a great game when played correctly. I agree with the teamwork thing, just get a group together outside of game

Let people do whatever they want... Arma has always had something for everyone and that won't change. Don't like Wasteland? Play another game type.

I'm sorry that you feel that way. If you have any suggestions or feedback for Wasteland, feel free to post feedback on our forums (Link)

We feel that Wasteland for ArmA 3 is more about the experiencing the new weapons, vehicles and other game-play newly available that might otherwise not be as easy to explore for arma and non-arma centric players alike.

Costlyy

404Games

Wastelands is a great game when played correctly. I agree with the teamwork thing, just get a group together outside of game

Its difficult for me to find a group, ive been thinking of joining a more "cooperative" clan, but im not sure yet.

Also, i just have one friend that has bought the game. :P

---------- Post added at 21:06 ---------- Previous post was at 21:02 ----------

Its difficult for me to find a group, ive been thinking of joining a more "cooperative" clan, but im not sure yet.

Also, i just have one friend that has bought the game. :P

Also, i don't think people thinks a lot about animations and all that. Mostly they say the game lags, its bad performance, how they put on gear and thats it.

---------- Post added at 21:32 ---------- Previous post was at 21:06 ----------

I'm sorry that you feel that way. If you have any suggestions or feedback for Wasteland, feel free to post feedback on our forums (Link)

We feel that Wasteland for ArmA 3 is more about the experiencing the new weapons, vehicles and other game-play newly available that might otherwise not be as easy to explore for arma and non-arma centric players alike.

Costlyy

404Games

I guess that is true. It might be easier to test some of the new stuff.

But i just have this feeling wasteland is not what it needs right now. But i might be wrong.

I like the mission/mod, mostly in arma 2. But it has been mostly "boring" for me, because i love to teamwork, but people that join the actual teams barely talk to eachother. I've had a few very epic times in wasteland.

---------- Post added at 21:41 ---------- Previous post was at 21:32 ----------

Let people do whatever they want... Arma has always had something for everyone and that won't change. Don't like Wasteland? Play another game type.

This was something i expected someone would comment instantly...

Im going to play something else, atleast for now.

Wasteland is essentially a casual Warfare modification. Wait till the real thing comes out - it's going to be WAR on Stratis. :cc:

Wasteland is essentially a casual Warfare modification. Wait till the real thing comes out - it's going to be WAR on Stratis. :cc:

Eh. Wasteland isn't wasteland with WAR.

I enjoyed looking around empty towns for stuff, and sometimes encountering small groups of other people and coming into a firefight. I dont enjoy full blown war in wasteland

I enjoyed looking around empty towns for stuff, and sometimes encountering small groups of other people and coming into a firefight. I dont enjoy full blown war in wasteland

Sounds like you'll much prefer the upcoming 1.2 mod patch. Loot and more being added, it's all about building up and fighting small teams for resources.

You aren't going to get what you want playing public games.

Wasteland servers exist because the mission is popular, and as stated it is a great way of stress-testing. The only issue with it is there seems to be a lack of AT weapons...

I meant Warfare Benny Edition with 3 sides: OPFOR, BLUFOR, Resistance. CTI. ; ) Once that comes out, it's going to take its fair share of servers.

Sounds like you'll much prefer the upcoming 1.2 mod patch. Loot and more being added, it's all about building up and fighting small teams for resources.

That sounds good.

I really wish you could do something about the players not teamworking though. That would help a lot.