costlyy

Wasteland for ArmA 3 by 404Games [MP]

About: Hello BIS forums! I am a developer at 404Games and on behalf of everyone there, I am proud to announce the release of "Wasteland" for ArmA 3.

It is currently a WIP and has been adapted significantly to cope with the new engine, but the Wasteland that we all love is very much still alive.

Author(s): 404Games

Type: Arma3 Alpha survival sandbox (MP + JIP)

Mission version: 1.0.6

Download: CLICK HERE!

Key Features: Groups, Missions, Dynamic vehicle respawning, AI combat, Weapon shops and currency, etc

Note: If you have any trouble getting it working, find any bugs or wish to offer feedback, please comment in this thread or head over to the 404Games forum HERE.

Screencaps:

wlrespawnmenu.jpg

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1148/wlgunstore.jpg (377 kB)

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/4916/wlobjectmove.jpg (388 kB)

Edited by costlyy

great fun.

Bugs: (1.02)

Quad Sit Animation sometimes bugged (Superman style)

This caused much amusement last night with my group.

I am yet to see any AT weapons in Wasteland (in vehicles), will they be available from gun stores?

great fun.

Bugs: (1.02)

Quad Sit Animation sometimes bugged (Superman style)

Is that only in Wasteland or a general ArmA 3 bug?

This caused much amusement last night with my group.

I am yet to see any AT weapons in Wasteland (in vehicles), will they be available from gun stores?

Both the law and rpg can be found in the gun stores since 1.01, also they are in the side mission crates.

do you to download something when playing or when setting up a server?

I have no mod but wasteland keeps crashing my army client. Do I need to install a mod for this?

Where can we get the server files?

All you need to do is download the file in the first post and then place it in your MPMission folder. That is the client/server all in one.

Edited by domuk

Anyone have any idea why our wasteland server crashes if 5ish people connect simultaneously or in very quick succession.

It seems to be the only reason our server goes down.

Updated!

[Change Log]

[Added] - Light Armed Vehicle Mission (All armed cars).

[Removed] - All armed cars from initial spawn for balance.

Also improved client performance and server stability.

Anyone have any idea why our wasteland server crashes if 5ish people connect simultaneously or in very quick succession.

It seems to be the only reason our server goes down.

Yep, the alpha is the main cause of the crashing, if you can access your rpt file we will can have a look at what caused the crash/s for you, post it to somewhere like pastebin and then link to it.

Yep, the alpha is the main cause of the crashing, if you can access your rpt file we will can have a look at what caused the crash/s for you, post it to somewhere like pastebin and then link to it.

I haven't had a chance to look at the file, but according to one of our other admins there's a crash that occurs at 14:53:30

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/61986/Arma%203%20Alpha.rar

Also big thanks for any help. This log is from the BSC 56 man server. We're always full. Wasteland is super popular.

Edited by FreakinSyco

Best Mission at the moment!

But please can you implementate the backpack's and vest's at shop?

@Costly,

Greetings, could you kindly add more to your description on the first page as to what this game is all about. I tried this yesterday on a server and had no idea what the goal was besides shooting bad guys.

Surely there is more to this? I saw folks gathering and hoarding vehicles but for what purpose? Money? Why and where do I use it.

Sorry, I was not into it in the Arma 2 release, so I have no clue.

@Costly,

Greetings, could you kindly add more to your description on the first page as to what this game is all about. I tried this yesterday on a server and had no idea what the goal was besides shooting bad guys.

Surely there is more to this? I saw folks gathering and hoarding vehicles but for what purpose? Money? Why and where do I use it.

Sorry, I was not into it in the Arma 2 release, so I have no clue.

I will ask Costlyy to add some more information later on today when he is online. Wasteland is a direct port currently from our arma2 mission and more information can be found on our website at this address http://www.404games.co.uk/FAQ

Props to Samatra for making the code and 404 stealing it.

If you even looked at our code you would see that none of the source is Sa-Matra's or Tonics anymore and I'm not saying that when we first started that some and I mean only some of the code was borrowed from his client-side. Our code is openly available on github so why don't you get your facts right before having a dig, you could try and compare the differences but Sa-Matras version will be hard to compare against ours as he doesn't like sharing with anyone :(

I would also like to point, that I dont see his build for arma3 running anywhere. We spent many hours getting a port of wasteland working on Arma3 and have openly provided the community with something to play and also a base for people to start modding the game. So my closing statement, Go home HaZarDSFD your drunk!

---------- Post added at 08:07 ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 ----------

Best Mission at the moment!

But please can you implementate the backpack's and vest's at shop?

For 1.0.5 we are going to give all players a bag and also put more in the gun store to pick from.

I haven't had a chance to look at the file, but according to one of our other admins there's a crash that occurs at 14:53:30

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/61986/Arma%203%20Alpha.rar

Also big thanks for any help. This log is from the BSC 56 man server. We're always full. Wasteland is super popular.

I will check over this for you and get back to you, thanks.

This is not the place for trolling, any more from you and I'll have the moderators in here.

People like this just make me laugh.

If we want this as the startup mission, what class do we use before the template name?

Nice Mod just wish i could play it but i have a random crash too desktop playing this mod. I dont have much problems when running other missions but this one its guaranteed to CTD Arma 3 stopped working seems completly random 1 min 5 mins an hour. Shame as i would like to play :(

Nice Mod just wish i could play it but i have a random crash too desktop playing this mod. I dont have much problems when running other missions but this one its guaranteed to CTD Arma 3 stopped working seems completly random 1 min 5 mins an hour. Shame as i would like to play :(

Not really sure what you're trying to say here but Wasteland servers are pretty unstable when they have >20 players at the moment; this is due to a problem with ArmA 3.

Hopefully the next A3 patch will add stability for >20 players and stop the servers crashing.

I will ask Costlyy to add some more information later on today when he is online. Wasteland is a direct port currently from our arma2 mission and more information can be found on our website at this address http://www.404games.co.uk/FAQ.

Thanks for your reply!

That vid on your site gave lots of information. Cheers

Not really sure what you're trying to say here but Wasteland servers are pretty unstable when they have >20 players at the moment; this is due to a problem with ArmA 3.

Hopefully the next A3 patch will add stability for >20 players and stop the servers crashing.

its a client crash not a server crash