Sign in to follow this  
MalakithSkadi

Resolution and Multi-monitor issue

Currently I have two issues:

1. The game when loading auto-defaults to a secondary monitor preventing me from playing in Full Screen or Windowed Full Screen. I currently have found no way around this

2. The resolutions available do not match my primary monitor even remotely preventing me playing in Window mode as well.

My standard resolution is 1920 x 1080, however the maximum available in the "Basic" area of Video Options under Resolution is 1280x1024x32.

I suspect 2 is the result of 1 but *shrug*

Any assistance is appreciated.

(Can't see a way to attach DxDiag)

CPU: Intel i7 930 @ 2.8GHz

Graphics: 2x Nvidia GTX 470

RAM: 12GB

Dunno if you fixed this or not, but after about 7 hours of screwing around with the EXACT same problem, I finally got it fixed.

-Open Documents\Arma 3 Alpha

-Delete the Arma3Alpha.cfg

-Launch Arma 3 in Window Mode

-Drag the windowed Arma 3 to the primary monitor (If it opened on primary then obviously this don't matter)

-Go into the Options -> Video and hit AutoDetect, once it asks you to restart DO NOT HIT RESTART NOW, press OK and Restart it yourself.

-Launch it again back into Window mode and adjust your settings in this order, and remember NOT to use the "Restart Now"

-Ratio (If its incorrect)

-Restart it manually

-Resolution (It will probably be incorrect)

-Restart it manually

-Select Full Screen

-Restart it manually

-Now launch Arma 3 normally (the "Play Arma 3 Alpha" option on Steam)

To ultimately see if it will launch on your primary monitor, open the Arma3Alpha.cfg and on line 3 it should say "detectedAdapterId=0;" If you have your monitor as "1".

Hope this works for you as well and helps you solve the problem if you haven't already.

-Hells

Dunno if you fixed this or not, but after about 7 hours of screwing around with the EXACT same problem, I finally got it fixed.

-Drag the windowed Arma 3 to the primary monitor (If it opened on primary then obviously this don't matter)

-Go into the Options -> Video and hit AutoDetect, once it asks you to restart DO NOT HIT RESTART NOW, press OK and Restart it yourself.

-Launch it again back into Window mode and adjust your settings in this order, and remember NOT to use the "Restart Now"

-Restart it manually

-Restart it manually

-Select Full Screen

-Restart it manually

To ultimately see if it will launch on your primary monitor, open the Arma3Alpha.cfg and on line 3 it should say "detectedAdapterId=0;" If you have your monitor as "1".

Hope this works for you as well and helps you solve the problem if you haven't already.

-Hells

This worked perfectly! Thank you.

-Restart it manually

-Restart it manually

-Select Full Screen

-Restart it manually

-Hells

Worked. Solid work around. +1