Sign in to follow this  
tom.tucka

Will there be british armed forces in arma 3

this is one thing that i hope will be included in the full game is British armed forces as i am in a British realism clan i hope this is included so we can move to arma 3

what does everyone think?

Since the BLUFOR seems to be a multinational NATO force, I doubt it. The most likely scenario is that someone either finds a way to import the ARMA2 models or makes entirely new ones.

this would be disappointing

I'm not sure where exactly, but in someone video of the Alpha I recall hearing British voices.

Even if British forces aren't in the game officially, they will definitely end up in the game via modding. And the Arma 2 BAF will probably be imported too!

I like the idea of a Nato army instead of USA, or BAF or whatever it is

I'm not sure where exactly, but in someone video of the Alpha I recall hearing British voices.

Even if British forces aren't in the game officially, they will definitely end up in the game via modding. And the Arma 2 BAF will probably be imported too!

Arma2 BAF would only be imported by BIS i would imagine, but there are plenty of members of the forums making British Forces equipment. So i am sure we will see British Forces equipment in Arma3 once the full game is released.

Anyone else wondering what's up with the Blufor camouflage being named MTP, as opposed to Multicam, the American version? Haven't really compared how they look, but that's the name.

Look what someone found in the clothing class names:

"H_Cap_khaki_specops_UK"

Not armed forces, but at least a presence. BTW this can always change so keep your expectations at a reasonable level.

A futuristic British Army could be interesting! I'd like to see them in.

So to be off topic but Mai, I just wanted to let you know that I got a kick out of your sig.

it's 2035, Britain was annexed by Canada.

and USA by China considering China owns the 27% of business titles in US

Who cares about BAF anyways.....Just kidding!

We need Russians and Chinese! :tongue:

I would bet on it. Working on the CAF pack has proven to be a relatively stress free transition. Really all someone needs for Brits aside from weapons would be vest and helmet model and of course textures.

And I agree I'd like to see a large variety of opfor down range rather than a lot of us army re makes.

Of course we need BAF units. Just like we need Ger/French/Russ/ChDKZ/Croat/Ital/Pol/Can/CDF/NAPA.. etc etc units.

After all, we need to reduce the chance of Blue on Blue kills. Which means, the less USA units we have, the better the chance of less Blue on Blue.

Just sayin...