Sign in to follow this  
gvse

Bringing A2 weapon addons to A3

Sort of a "Arrowhead Rearmed" community project?

Something of that nature. yes. With the new customization feature, "just" porting old content feels like cheating :) Having "real" Mairnes, US Army, Navy SEALS, BAF, SAS, Speznaz, KSK, and other contemporary troops will feel more at home.

I think it is safe to say that most of us like/feel more comfortable in the "current time" setting. For me, the first time in Arma 3 was a bit weird since I never held a weapon that didn't exist in all the years since the time that Berghoff compared me to a Sumo wrestler. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about the scenario, maybe I need to get used to it first, but it feels a bit disconnected.

Bottom line, though, if you need 20 addons for a single mission, that might be a bit too much. I don't know, I'm just tossing out that idea...

@Alwarren ive managed to get my first G3 rifle in game :), however although i can add attachments to my weapon. None of them appear on the rifle in game, though i can look through the optics etc, is this something i need to add to the model.cfg?

Cheers

You're welcome :)

Ah, G3... the best H&K rifle ever :D

---------- Post added at 01:07 ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 ----------

LOL I also have an M4A1 right here that I wanted to make for Arma 3. Seems there won't be any shortage of those.

I'm starting to wonder whether it wouldn't be a good idea to start a community-wide "Contemporary Armies" mod with at least Americans, Russians, Brits, and middle eastern units, vehicles and weaons. Otherwise, if people want a contemporary scenario as opposed to 2035, they'll have to rely on 20+ mods for a mission.

That would be great, Because us over at the 15thMEU are going to have to rely on at least a usmc pack, adding in the m16's and m4's. i think just all the stock Arma 2 and OA weapons pack would be a good start, im not too into the idea of having a bunch of addon guns untill we can at least see the vanilla oa and a2 weapons ported with modularity, imo.

---------- Post added at 20:23 ---------- Previous post was at 20:21 ----------

Hell, Even just an m16 port with modularity would satisfy hundreds of people desires right now, if anyone has at least an m16 properly functional it would be awesome if you could pack it up and upload it somewhere for the community, or at least just the 15th, to use!:)

@Alwarren ive managed to get my first G3 rifle in game :), however although i can add attachments to my weapon. None of them appear on the rifle in game, though i can look through the optics etc, is this something i need to add to the model.cfg?

Cheers

Ive run into the exact same problem. Any tips would be much appreciated!

Cheers

The only thing you need to add in model.cfg are the anims for the iron sights, and that also is only cosmetics - it should work without. Having the proxies in is all you need to do. Diid you copy the proxies to all LOD's?

---------- Post added at 09:33 ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 ----------

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the correct place but when I attempt to use RH_M4's the animations are uh... Abit off, what do I need to do to correct this?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33594635/arma3%202013-03-09%2020-57-00-11.png (1171 kB)

I had a similar problem with the ACR; I replaced the model.cfg I used to binarize the RTM's with the new model.cfg from the Arma 3 sample characters to fix it.

Could someone please do most of the weapons and then post the addon?

Thanks

Also I was wondering, could you do something similar with vehicles too, like updating them for PhysX.

Could someone please do most of the weapons and then post the addon?

Thanks

Also I was wondering, could you do something similar with vehicles too, like updating them for PhysX.

Er, beg your pardon? That's like asking "could someone please remake Operation Flashpiont and post it?".

If you have an addon request, you're better off posting it here.

@Alwarren, thanks for your help so far. Would you mind posting up your model.cfg as an example, im still struggling with getting mine working. Thanks

@Alwarren, thanks for your help so far. Would you mind posting up your model.cfg as an example, im still struggling with getting mine working. Thanks

This is what I use, beware there might be junk in it that isn't needed; I am far from being an expert at this, although I am getting better ;)

class CfgSkeletons
{
   class Default {
       isDiscrete = 1;
       skeletonInherit = "";
       skeletonBones[] = {};
   };
   class WeaponSkeleton: Default
   {
       skeletonBones[]=
       {
           "magazine","",
           "bolt", "",
           "trigger", "",
           "bolt_group", "",
           "front sight", "",
           "back sight", "",
           "bolt_lever", "",
           "zasleh", ""
       };
   };
};

class CfgModels
{
   class Default {
       selections[] = {};
       selectionsInherit = "";
       skeletonName = "";
   };

class Weapon: Default
   {
       sections[]=
       {
           "zasleh",
           "trigger"
       };
       skeletonName="WeaponSkeleton";
       class Animations
       {
           class muzzleflash_hide
           {
               type="hide";
               source="hasSuppressor";
               selection="zasleh";
               minValue = 0.0;
               maxvalue = 0.25;
               hideValue = 0.01;
           };
           class magazine_hide
           {
               type="hide";
               source="reloadMagazine";
               selection="magazine";
               minValue=0.200000;
               maxValue=0.250000;
               hideValue=0.100000;
           };
           class trigger
           {
               type="translationX";
               source="reload";
               selection="trigger";
               axis="";
               animPeriod=0;
               memory="false";
               minValue=0;
               maxValue=0.010;
           };
           class bolt
           {
               type = "translation";
               source = "reload";
               selection = "bolt";
               axis = "bolt_axis";
               begin = "bolt_axis_end";
               end = "bolt_axis_begin";
               minValue = 0;
               maxValue = 1; //0.09; //"1";
               offset0 = "0";
               offset1 = "1";
           };
           class bolt_empty
           {
               type="translationx";
               source="isEmpty";
               selection="bolt_lever";
               axis="";
               animPeriod=0;
               minValue=0;
               maxValue=0.09; //10;
               offset0 = "0";
               offset1 = "1";
           };
           class frontsight_optic
           {
               type="rotationZ";
               source="hasOptics";
               memory=1;
               selection="front sight";
               animPeriod=0;
               axis="frontsight axis";
               minValue=0.0;
               maxValue=1.0;
               minPhase=0.0;
               maxPhase=1.0;
               angle0=4.712389;
               angle1=0.0;
           };
           class backsight_optic
           {
               type="rotationZ";
               source="hasOptics";
               memory=1;
               selection="back sight";
               animPeriod=0;
               axis="backsight axis";
               minValue=0.0;
               maxValue=0.3;
               minPhase=0.0;
               maxPhase=0.3;
               angle0=4.712389;
               angle1=0.0;
           };
       };
   };
   class WeaponRevolving: Weapon
   {
       skeletonName="WeaponRevolving";
       class Animations
       {
           class Revolving
           {
               type="rotation";
               source="revolving";
               selection="buben";
               axis="osa_buben";
               memory="true";
               animPeriod=0;
               angle0=0;
               angle1="rad -360";
           };
       };
   };

class acr_wdl: Weapon {};
   class acr_tan: Weapon {};

};

Good luck!

EDIT: Using the same name for weapon class and skeleton caused all sorts of weird bugs under certain circumstances. I fixed that in the model cfg above.

Edited by Alwarren

---------- Post added at 09:33 ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 ----------

[/color]

I had a similar problem with the ACR; I replaced the model.cfg I used to binarize the RTM's with the new model.cfg from the Arma 3 sample characters to fix it.

It appears I cannot edit them in Oxygen due to content protection, oh well :(

It appears I cannot edit them in Oxygen due to content protection, oh well :(

If you mean the MX models, they're binarized and the standard tools don't seem to be able to unbinarize them. Don't think that is about content protection, the pbo's can be unpacked with Eliteness.

List of handanims existing in Alpha (might be useful to somebody)

handAnim[]={"OFP2_ManSkeleton","\A3\Weapons_F\LongRangeRifles\EBR\Data\Anim\ebr.rtm"};
handAnim[]={"OFP2_ManSkeleton","\A3\Weapons_F\Rifles\Khaybar\data\anim\khaybar.rtm"};
handAnim[]={"OFP2_ManSkeleton","\A3\Weapons_F\Rifles\Khaybar\data\anim\khaybar_gl.rtm"};
handAnim[] = {"OFP2_ManSkeleton", "\A3\Weapons_F\Rifles\MX\data\Anim\mx.rtm"};
handAnim[] = {"OFP2_ManSkeleton", "\A3\Weapons_F\Rifles\MX\data\Anim\MX_cqc.rtm"};
handAnim[] = {"OFP2_ManSkeleton", "\A3\Weapons_F\Rifles\MX\data\Anim\MX_afg.rtm"};
handAnim[] = {"OFP2_ManSkeleton", "\A3\Weapons_F\Rifles\MX\data\Anim\MX_gl.rtm"};
handAnim[] = {"OFP2_ManSkeleton", "\A3\Weapons_F\Rifles\MX\data\Anim\MX_dmr.rtm"};
handAnim[]={"OFP2_ManSkeleton","\A3\weapons_f\Rifles\SDAR\data\Anim\SDAR.rtm"};
handAnim[]={"OFP2_ManSkeleton","\A3\Weapons_F\Rifles\TRG20\Data\Anim\TRG_21.rtm"};
handAnim[]={"OFP2_ManSkeleton","\A3\Weapons_F\Rifles\TRG20\Data\Anim\TRG_21G.rtm"};

hey just curious but is there anyone here that has a functional m4 or m16 ready to use? or is there an eta possibly?

hey just curious but is there anyone here that has a functional m4 or m16 ready to use? or is there an eta possibly?

I think that maybe too early too say, if you want an M4 or M16 you may need to ask permission to port one yourself.

@Alwarren thanks for that model.cfg, i can get the rifle in game no problem now and scopes can be attached. But they still don't appear on the model in game, i think i have defined all the necceary proxys etc. Im now at a loss, any things i should check for?

Cheers

Have you assigned the proxies to ALL lods in o2? I had the same problem as you until i took care of that. i didnt know what lod's were, and I learnt that they were "level of detail" and in o2 they come under names such as "1.000", "4.000", "view pilot" "shadow volume," etc. Just click on the proxy you have in your 1.000 lod press ctrl+c to copy, select LOD by double clicking on it in that small window to the right, and simply paste the proxy. continue pasting proxy to all LOD's.

Chaps, I have a problem with my port. Let me explain. I am modding only one variant of many other weapon models that comprise this addon. So I have only one unbinarized p3d and cfg sitting among other binarized p3d. I worked on that one in o2 adding proxies. once im done I cannot binarize the whole addon (binpbo just crashes). I use Eliteness and allow an unbinarized p3d in the final pbo. The result is that my weapon is not aligned with hands (it's too far to the front). Let me highlight that all the other variants (the ones I have not touched and which are binarized) are all ok.

Now, am I right thinking that the root of the problem is in the fact that my p3d is unbinarized? How can I rectify it? Please help as I am stuck. :(

@GvsE After PM Alwarren, he worked out was wrong what with my rifle. Its down to my proxys, i hopefully will have it all resolved tonight when im home from work :)

Edited by R0adki11

Now, am I right thinking that the root of the problem is in the fact that my p3d is unbinarized? How can I rectify it? Please help as I am stuck. :(

Have you tried to just binarize this model using e.g Rapify and then pack with binPBO without binarizing?

Now, this is interesting:

ewzOdsTs.jpg1H3wrZys.jpg

(click for larger)

Besides shamelessly showing off the M4A1 I am currently working on, this contains another interesting tidbit, namely that this is only one model. Hidden selections now work on weapons!

Thank you BIS!

Now, this is interesting:

http://i.imgur.com/ewzOdsTs.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/1H3wrZys.jpg

(click for larger)

Besides shamelessly showing off the M4A1 I am currently working on, this contains another interesting tidbit, namely that this is only one model. Hidden selections now work on weapons!

Thank you BIS!

Wait, so you have a working M4 in Arma 3?

You sir are a wizard. I've been hoping someone was close to getting an AK or M4 into A3. I tried myself, but the closest I got was copying PBO files back and forth between folders in an attempt to just use the regular PBO's.

Do you plan on uploading them shiny M4's you got there?

Do you plan on uploading them shiny M4's you got there?

Yeah, I'll upload it once this is finished. Right now, though, there are no other lods, I just finished the base model. So it will take a day or two at least.

But at least this time I don't need to do 128 different models, like with the Remingtons. One model with, one without grenade launcher, and things are set :)

@Alwarren ive got my G3 rifle in game now :). The proxy system is going to help loads, i had in my Arma2 weapon pack 33 variations of weapon including HK32 variants. I now am only going to need 8 versions :D

Guys, one question: how do i define the position of the rifle model relative to the player. The model is misaligned once I save it in o2 (too far to the front). Do I define it in model.cfg? Which values? I'll greatly appreciate your input.

@Alwarren ive got my G3 rifle in game now :). The proxy system is going to help loads, i had in my Arma2 weapon pack 33 variations of weapon including HK32 variants. I now am only going to need 8 versions :D

Yeah, I had over 100 variant models for the ACR, now with the M4 pack I have one model and three config entries :)