Sign in to follow this  
norrin

Rifle Collision Addon

Description:

A small CQB addon that simulates rifle collision behaviour and auto lowers a player's rifle when he is up against and facing a wall. Once the player's view is no longer obstructed the player auto raises his weapon to his shoulder. This makes navigating tight enclosed spaces much easier and is ideal for room/building clearing operations. The addon contains custom animations and collision geometry and requires the CBA addon.

Download:

http://www.norrin.org/norrin/ArmA3/addons/rflOcc/rflOcc_v05/norrn_rflOcc_v05.rar (version 0.5 with BiSign and BiKeys)

Included .pbo files:

norrn_rflocc

Requirements:

Extended eventhandlers from ArmA3 CBA, which are available here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147535-CBA-Community-Base-Addons-ARMA-3-Alpha

Terms of Use:

All files included in this addon are the property of the original author. These files are for ArmA3 only and are not to be ported into any game including any variation of the ArmA series without permission.

No files are to be modified or used without permission from norrin. This includes all animations, scripts and configs. This addon is not to be used for commercial or military purposes without the authors' prior consent.

Credits & Thanks:

@PvP - Thanks for the original idea and all your help and suggestions mate.

Known bugs:

Need to add checks for the new stance anims: aadpercmstpsraswrfldup, aadpercmstpsraswrflddown,aadpknlmstpsraswrfldup,aa dpknlmstpsraswrflddown

Other thoughts:

* As far as I can tell this addon causes no report file errors.

* The custom weapon-lowered animations appear to intergrate well with the ArmA3 idle animations.

* This may be of interest to other addon makers - I had to remove the following entries from the class OFP2_ManSkeleton in the default ArmA2 model.cfg:

"HeadCutScene","head",

"jaw","head",

"chin","head",

"jaw_rf","head",

"jaw_rm","head",

"jaw_rs","head",

"jaw_lf","head",

"jaw_lm","head",

"jaw_ls","head",

"ear_r","head",

"ear_l","head",

"lip_lc","head",

"lip_lwlb","head",

"lip_lwlf","head",

"lip_lwm","head",

"lip_lwrf","head",

"lip_lwrb","head",

"lip_rc","head",

"lip_uprb","head",

"lip_uprf","head",

"lip_upm","head",

"lip_uplf","head",

"lip_uplb","head",

"nose_tip","head",

"nose_r","head",

"nose_l","head",

"zig_lt","head",

"zig_lm","head",

"zig_lb","head",

"zig_rt","head",

"zig_rm","head",

"zig_rb","head",

"cheek_r","head",

"cheek_l","head",

"eyebrow_lb","head",

"eyebrow_lm","head",

"eyebrow_lf","head",

"corr","head",

"eyebrow_rf","head",

"eyebrow_rm","head",

"eyebrow_rb","head",

"eye_upr","head",

"eye_lwr","head",

"eye_upl","head",

"eye_lwl","head",

"cheek_rf","head",

"cheek_rm","head",

"cheek_rb","head",

"cheek_lf","head",

"cheek_lm","head",

"cheek_lb","head",

"forehead_l","head",

"forehead_m","head",

"forehead_r","head",

"l_eye","head",

"r_eye","head",

"l_pupila","head",

"r_pupila","head",

"neck_t","head",

"neck_b","head",

"neck_r","head",

"neck_l","head",

"tongue_b","head",

"tongue_m","head",

"tongue_f","head"

Releases

Version 0.1 - initial release (060313)

Version 0.2 - fixed the animation stuttering when moving into obstruction and strafing along obstruction etc. (070313)

Version 0.3 - (130313)

* Fixed transition from standing to kneeling while the weapon is lowered.

* Cleaned up the config.cpp.

* Speeded up transitions between weapon raised and weapon lowered.

* Weapons are no longer lowered by trees or bushes

* Added weapon length variable based on weapon class i.e. the shorter the weapon the closer you can get to an object before your weapon is lowered.

* Offset obstruction line-of-sight to be in line with the player's rifle rather than their eye position.

* Greatly reduced the likelihood of glitching.

Version 0.4 - (140313)

* If you now lean out from cover while the weapon is lowered and your rifle clears the obstruction then you will auto-raise your weapon.

See first post for download.

Version 0.5 - (180313)

* Corrected bug that occurred when identifying some obstructing objects, for instance temporary hangers etc will now correctly cause the player to auto lower his rifle.

* Narrow objects, less that 5 cm wide no longer cause you to auto lower your rifle - fixes twitching when strafing along iron fences etc.

* Refined height definitions - fixes bug identified by Byrgesen with small barracks and Hesco barriers etc.

Edited by norrin
Updated version posted

Nice one mate. Good to see this make it over.

It still needs quite a bit of work as there's a lot of new animations I need to account for - so its still very much an alpha release.

Nice job mate.

lol, gonna love arma 3, the alpha has been out for roughly one day and we already got about four mods :D

Good to see this made it over. I can't play CQB without it.

Nice! Will try this out later :)

aadpercmstpsraswrfldup, aadpercmstpsraswrflddown,aadpknlmstpsraswrfldup,aa dpknlmstpsraswrflddown

Whattafakk

Wow, this sounds pretty boss. Dumb question, but there is a version of this for ArmA II, yes?

Just a warning to everyone keen to try this out - there is still a lot of work to do before this addon functions as smoothly as the ArmA2 version (@Foffy: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17537), for instance strafing left and right with the weapon lowered does not work at present. Hopefully, in the next day or so I'll release an update that smooths out many of these current problems. For this addon, it was very much a case of dropping it into ArmA3, fixing the most obvious report errors and then being incrediably surprised it worked even a bit. It was released mainly at this stage to test the new CBA, to provide info on the new ArmA3 animations and detail some of the changes to the model.cfg and man skeleton.

Nice to see this norrin.. I DL'd and launching now.. have to ask though did you see my post on your A2 version of this.. about a black list for bushes or tall grass and the like, so we can shoot threw them with out having to dance around the keyboard?

Not tried it yet, but downloaded and ready to go. Thanks very much for sharing this..

New version available, see first post.

This represents a massive improvement over the previous version - its actually usable in-game. :)

@LordPrimate - its going to take a little while to do this as the trees and bushes have no config classes, therefore I have to make a list of all available plants and make an exception for them.

Is there a video that showcases it? Preferably for A3.

I've now added one filmed in ArmA3 in the initial post, just give it a few minutes to finish uploading.

hey norrin!! thanks for the respons!! I think it would be great if you could .. I am surprised no one else has chimed in about that idea. Take your time I will be happy just to see it implemented it if was possible!

Also with the latest update I get some strange behavior..

Whilst standing near a wall or bush, or anything rather that enables the addon to lower my rifle..

I get a glitch that causes my gun to raise, lower , raise , lower , raise , lower , on and , on , and on.. until I back away from the object.. This doesn't happent All the time .. I have noticed it up agains some crates, a fence, there was one object that had a corrugated texture..

And the enable/disable keybind "ctl=O" isn't working yet. dont know if that was known. just thought I would post it..

Thanks again for your hard work!!!

EDIT just realized you posed an A3 vid.. Perfect example of what I was mentioning.. you can see at @0:30 seconds when you start showing off the mod.. you can see that your about 1.5 feet from the wall when your rifle is lowered.. is there any way to decrease that distance so when your gun barrel actually intersects the wall its lowered.. not 2 feet away. (rounded up there..)

IE in the "BEFORE" section @0:07 seconds you see how the rifle just barely touches the wall with the UGL .. Isnt that's when the rifle should be lowered??.. not over a foot away.. Anywho just wanted to point that out since there was a perfect video to show it ..

Thanks again norrin!

Edited by Lordprimate

I feel like this should have already been in the game. I hope they incorporate it.

Just a small note, with Play withSIX Preview. I could not get the mod list to come up for ARMA3. The "Add Mod" in the bottom right of the screen where you search and add mods did not appear. I had to go to the Play withSIX website and go the the mods tab in that website and download the CBA_A3 mod by clicking on "Download or Play withSix" Link here . Once I did that, it listed CBA on my arma3 - mods tab in play withSix Preview, and unlocked the box on the bottom right corner so that I can easily install mods for arma3 again. Yay!

EDIT : Maybe a mod could move this to the CBA_A3 thread?

Edited by jameson369