Sign in to follow this  
AmericanFAC

How to update weapons to use modular attachments for Arma 3

So I found the 3 proxies required for weapons to use them.

\A3\data_f\proxies\weapon_slots\TOP
\A3\data_f\proxies\weapon_slots\MUZZLE
\A3\data_f\proxies\weapon_slots\SIDE 

You place the proxies as you would any other proxy from Arma 2 in Oxygen2. However there is a massive offset and you need to play around until you get the attachment centered.

Here is an example of a non-alpha weapon working with the alpha. Notice that I still need to move things around a bit.

0SwkJD.jpg

Still working on how to make custom attachments themselves. Thought it would be neat to start sharing how stuff is done.

Nice work, good too see progress in the modding scene.

Update, game doesn't have a real machine gun. Wanted to change that. Having issues with the attatchments on this one however IvL3fG.jpg

Posting to get this brought back to the front page, and to say thanks for working this out! Hopefully this gets more visibility.

Definately going to bump this one to get more attention

Great! There is a lot of people who doesn't like the futuristic theme of ARMA III, and I am one of those. I don't mind the fact that BI has gone with the theme, I understand why they are tired of working with current weaponry for allmost ten years. I am waiting patiently for mods to give me what I want.

This is a huge thing for me, thank you for doing this.

Good job! Any chance you'll document this for newcomers to the modding scene, like me? (:

This isn't my thread, don't mean to butt in or backseat mod or anything, but would this thread serve the modding community better if it was moved to the modding discussion subforum, where it would get more exposure by those who don't sift through this Alpha general discussion subforum? Its some great information that would be a shame to get missed by the people who it'd be relevant to.