tvig0r0us

[MP][TVT/COOP] Total Conquest for Arma III

TOTAL CONQUEST
by tvig0r0us

Current version: 1.03 RC2

q6wttojjclt3cft4g.jpg

Instability has finally erupted into an all out battle for control where all sides come ready to fight and scorched earth is a viable option. It's up to you to pull together a team and lead them to the ultimate victory... TOTAL ANNIHILATION OF THE ENEMY! With total freedom, how you approach your mission is entirely up to you. Take control of any vehicle, recruit soldiers or go it alone, there are no rules other than get it done. Total Conquest is a fast paced, action packed engagement where the enemy could be lurking around any corner, so watch your back and stay frosty soldier.

My Steam workshop:

Download Links:

Tanoa - Left Island (No Plane) - RC2

Altis - Katalaki Bay - RC1

Battle for Zaros AAS - A1

Tanoa Airport - A1

Servers:

--==TVIG's Total Conquest 24/7==--

Features:
- Totally dynamic combat
- Instant action
- Selectable soldier count, vehicle count, vehicle types, AI skill, fire-team size, starting time, weather, quick start option...
- Selectable spawn points
- Selectable soldier class or random selection
- Totally independent AI
- Recruitable AI
- Drive any vehicle
- Complete mulitplayer compatibility with up to 12 players(subject to change)
- Join other player groups
- Random Environment

Mission parameters explained:

Spoiler

West Faction 1 - Select a blufor faction for this game
West Faction 2 - Select a second blufor faction for this game
East Faction 1 - Select an opfor faction for this game
East Faction 2 - Select a second opfor faction for this game
Resistance Faction 1 - Select an independent faction for this game
Resistance Faction 2 - Select a second independent faction for this game

West Assault Count - Select the number of advancing blufor soldiers on the battle field
    Disabled - The game will be played with no blufor
    Human Only - The game will only contain human players and zone defenders
        -Players must use "Add To Group" in the ingame actions menu to add ai to their side
East Assault Count - Select the number of advancing opfor soldiers on the battle field
    Disabled - The game will be played with no opfor
        -Players must use "Add To Group" in the ingame actions menu to add ai to their side
Resistance Assault Count - Select the number of advancing independent soldiers on the battle field
    Disabled - The game will be played with no independent

Assault Group Size (AI) - Sets the max group size for groups in the assault pool
    -Older groups will recruit ai from younger nearby groups until they are full

Zone Defense - Activates/Disables zone defenses and determines how many defense groups to assign to zones
    -The actual number of defense groups in a zone is based on the number of buildings in the zone
    -This parameter creates the coefficient used to calculate the number of defense groups
    -Also causes ai soldiers mounted in ground vehicles to disembark and defend a zone if taken and having no assigned defenders
Defense Group Size (AI) - The max group size for zone defense groups
    -Defense groups will recruit soldiers from nearby assault groups until they are full

Player Group Size - Sets the maximum player group size
    -Players can recruit any soldiers in the game by looking directly at them and selecting "Recruit Soldier"
    -Players can also relieve soldiers from their command by selecting them and going to "Supports"
        -Select "Dismiss" to release them into the assault pool
        -Select "Set As Defense" to make them assume a defensive role at the nearest friendly zone

Civilian Group Size - Sets the maximum group size for civilians
    -Civilians only spawn at the begining of the game
    -There is a harsh ticket penalty for killing a civilians

AI Skill Level - This should be pretty self explainatory

AI Target Select - The number of nearby targets considered by the command system when selecting an assault targets
    -Affects spawning as well
    -Set this low to keep the battle focused on a more limited front and higher to spread the battle around more

Use Vehicles - Enables the spawning and use of ground vehicles in the game
Use Helicopters - Enables the spawning and use of helicopters in the game
Use Planes - Enables the spawning and use of planes in the game
Use Uavs - Enables the spawning and use of uavs in the game
    -All four of the above options are subject to the vehicle spawn points available in the map layout

Ground Vehicle Balancing (Light/Heavy) - Sets the balance of light vs heavy ground vehicles
    -This parameter sets a weigh as a percentage of light to heavy vehicles in a game
    -Results may vary based on random selection of spawning engine, but this skews the selection algorithm

Auto Man Vehicles - Whether ai groups will be spawned to man vehicles if they are not taken after a certain amount of time
Auto Man Delay - Sets the delay in seconds to wait before auto manning vehicles if Auto Man Vehicles is active
Repair Vehicles - If enabled the ai vehicles will regenerate from damage making them way more difficult to destroy
Rearm Vehicles - If enabled the ai controlled vehicles will never run out of ammo so watch out!

Use Bases - If enabled, only points designated as bases can spawn soldiers
    -Points not designated as bases will be plain capture points and cannot be used for spawning
Start Points - Sets the point team distribution when the mission initializes
    Single - Each side will start with a single zone
    All Points Distributed - Each side will start with its share of randomly selected zones
        -If bases enabled, only bases will be distributed at start up and other zones will be neutral until captured
    Domination <Side> - The domination side will start with only one zone and other sides will split remaining points
        -Best to use with only two sides enabled

Start Time - Sets the in game starting hour
Start Overcast - Sets the starting overcast for the game
    -The weather system takes over after that point on a half hour change cycle

Tickets - Sets the number of starting tickets per enabled side

Unit/Vehicle Markers - Sets the map markers used in game
    Disabled - Explains self
    Player Team - Shows markers for player team entities only
    All - Shows markers for all entities (Including civilians)

CP Ceiling - Sets the height of the capture points(zones)
    -Lower settings make aircraft unable to capture a zone without almost landing
    -Higher settings allow aircraft to capture a zone with a flyover

Point Count - Sets the number of points in the map layout to use
    -Unless all points are used, the points in any match are randomly selected
    -Smaller point counts result in highly random matches, but slower moving and longer hikes

What do the markers on the map mean???

Spoiler

Blue = West CP - totally controlled by the west with no enemies in the area
Red = East CP - totally controlled by the east with no enemies in the area
White = Neutral CP - controlled by no one with no troops of any kind in the area
Yellow = Contested CP - this means that there are multiple teams in the area fighting for control of the CP
Black dot in the middle of a zone indicates that the zone is able to spawn in troops.

Spawns only occur at control points that are controlled by the corresponding team and contain buildings that report room positions... if a CP is contested, no spawning will occur there until one of the teams takes control of the point. In the event that all of the buildings (possible spawn positions) in a zone are too damaged or destroyed it will be removed from the spawn point pool but will remain a capture point. A winner is decided when a team reaches the set score limit, the time limit is reached (high scoring team wins) or only one team is left with zones on the map. If your team has no control points with valid spawn postitions when you die, you will be automatically switched to the remaining team with the least amount of control points and carry on the battle with that team. This does not necessarily mean your original team is completely out of the game. If there were troops alive from your original team they can still take control of a CP, and if they do, you will be moved back to that team when you respawn.

Total Conquest layouts now cover a much larger area of the map than past Urban Conquest layouts and contain between 30-40 total capture points. Depending on the scope you choose in the parameters, the layout of the mission will be randomly selected from the points in the layout providing for a different layout every time you play. The parameters allow you to tweak the mission enormously and can be tailored to suit any kind of game play. I'll try to get something together that better explains all of the parameters as well as creating presets to ease the process.

To do list:
- Add some kind of ammo crate system
- Try to get AI groups to use vehicles with cargo slots for transport and deployment in target zones
- Create presets for game modes for easier administration - partially done
- More map layouts (including custom maps) - partially done

Current test:

- Fixed vehicle commandeering.

- Changed weather settings to overcast only until some other solution comes along

- Several code optimizations where nearestObjects or nearObjects could be replaced by nearEntities

- Added random weather v2 script by Meatball(sic) - seems to work well

- Reduced units types available for the time being - added units back for Tanoa test.. more to come

This mission was built from the ground up with the use of no preconfigured modules and very very little borrowed code. If you should decide to modify any of my code, do not come to me and ask me to fix it.

If you happen to run into any issues at all, please report them so I can fix them!!! Thanks and enjoy :)

Cheers:D

Edited by tvig0r0us
Added Tanoa Airport link
  • Like 1

You guessed it. I'm so jacked about this game, which I'm lovin so far, that I ported Urban Conquest as soon as I got it!! This first mission takes place at the airfield on the west coast of Stratis and the town to the northeast. It actually runs pretty good. You can play with up to 8 players a side in pure pvp or coop action. I'll be developing as this game develops. so here's the first of many many missions to come!! Enjoy :D

edit - before I forget... you only get opfor and blufor to fight with... there are civs, but do not activate resistance in the params as the code is disabled. Thanks :)

Download Urban Conquest v001 for ARMA III western Stratis here >>>>>>> http://www.mediafire.com/?zurdf5df6hgvhda

Cheers :D

PS.... This game is going to be the best game EVER!!!!

And so.... it begins... ;) thank you very much i'll play this with friends :)

HOLY :jesus: !

I was trying to go to sleep, but I got to see this

Lol... I have a funny feeling this game is going to cause some more wife issues. It had me up til 4 am lastnight and I still didn't get enough! I've already made some adjustments, probably as much as can be changed for what's available in the editor. Will post as soon as I wear out my fingers a bit more.

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Alrighty... updated the helicopter spawning fsm's so they use the assets available at this point. If you see a red arrow on the ground that's a vehicle spawn, and a blue arrow is a helicopter spawn. Moved the zones around just a touch too, but nothing noticeable. Can't wait to see more vehicles and planes in this!!

Download UC West Stratis v002 here >>> http://www.mediafire.com/?4cifwu7k2yrudy7

Thanks Winfernal! I just realized I forgot to update the mission name in the Intel so you won't be able to tell what version you have running from inside the game. Sorry about that. I'll fix that on the next version. Current is v002, but will show as v001 in the game. OOPS :o

Hey mate, just tried your mission, fps nose dived with all the vehicles and stuff. Any chance of a version with infantry only ?

Don't forget the params. You can tune the mission as you see fit ;)

Don't forget the params. You can tune the mission as you see fit ;)

Running it from a dedicated at the moment mate so until the server tools are released, we cannot edit the parameters.

Running it from a dedicated at the moment mate so until the server tools are released, we cannot edit the parameters.

Ahh.. I hadn't even thought of that. I'll make some smaller versions. Stratis doesn't have too much in the way of urban environments so the scope of the missions is going to be pretty small. I'm working with getting some of the new functions fivured out as they pertain to my code and I'll be releasing an update. I am aware of the framerate issues and a couple other issues so bear with me. This game is still an infant so I'm sure some optimizations are in the future.

All I can say is HELL YEAH! :) Was about to try my hand at doing this myself, pop onto the forums to see if there was any update to the ArmA2 version and saw this post... You've made my night, tvig0r0us.

Thanks for updating this to A3 man.

Spent quite a lot of time playing your A2 ones and glad to see they've made it over. Looking forward to your infantry version, was playing the one you made until 4am and it savaged my CPU! :)

Ahh.. I hadn't even thought of that. I'll make some smaller versions. Stratis doesn't have too much in the way of urban environments so the scope of the missions is going to be pretty small. I'm working with getting some of the new functions fivured out as they pertain to my code and I'll be releasing an update. I am aware of the framerate issues and a couple other issues so bear with me. This game is still an infant so I'm sure some optimizations are in the future.

No problem mate, I wasn't moaning :) Take it everyone has noticed throwing more than 1 smoke grenade kills the server? Even on our dedicated if 3+ smokes are thrown the fps tumbles to single figures. I love your game mode, I find it way more interesting than Blitzkrieg. Was hilarious having the civvies because they actually looked to be enjoying the beach while we tore the town up!

Hey great mission!

I would really like to learn how you did the marker select for what unit you wish to spawn as...Any chance you could share the secret?

Thanks...

tvig0r0us - a Million Thanks for getting this out so fast!

...any chance of making the solider selction text indicate which type of solider it is rather than indicating it's class name? This would make it easier to pick what we want.

---------- Post added at 10:37 ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 ----------

Hey mate, just tried your mission, fps nose dived with all the vehicles and stuff. Any chance of a version with infantry only ?

why not just unpack the mission and set the params that way for now?...that's what I did.

Hey great mission!

I would really like to learn how you did the marker select for what unit you wish to spawn as...Any chance you could share the secret?

Thanks...

First of all thank you. To answer your question, I will share that, but I need to create an organized explaination for it because it's kind of a mind twister if you know what I mean.

tvig0r0us - a Million Thanks for getting this out so fast!

...any chance of making the solider selction text indicate which type of solider it is rather than indicating it's class name? This would make it easier to pick what we want.

You're very welcome. I was hoping to accomplish more clarity in the class selection, but I don't know what function will produce a simplified name. For now I'm using typeOf to get the class names so beyond that I'm not sure what to do with it outside of some major string parsing operations. I'll have to see what I can do with it in the future. For now I'm trying to work out the dynamic weather system because it appears that setOvercast does not work in the alpha. If that's not the case I have to figure out what's wrong with the code that is causing the failure.

I plan to release an update for it pretty soon featuring a smaller version in Agia Marina and maybe another that takes place only in the airfield. Of course the full version will remain also. I've figured out a couple of the do's and don'ts and have worked out some fairly decent solutions for the time being. I plan to wait until the game further develops to take it much further into development for A3.

Thanks for checking it out everyone :D

That would be great if you could send me the tutorial or simply just put one up, I have looked around in your mission but havent found it just yet, And would rather you give me the go ahead before i "take" it...

Again thanks and Im actually going to go play this now haha

Feel free to use the code. It can be found in init_player.sqf and p_respawn.sqf, but there is alot of code mixed into it that's not necessarily needed for the respawn selection.

Cheers

I'd definitely look forward to a smaller version that concentrates only on the airfield or Agia Marina, too.

Thanks for your work. Urban Conquest was my favorite Arma 2/OA scenario.

Here is an updated version featuring the larger original layout and a smaller infantry only at Agia Marina. Both now feature 32player combat with one defensive group per zone. The defensive groups will be 2 man by default. The full size version is defaulted to 4 vehicles and 1helo per side and contains 9 100m radius zones. This will be the final version until further progress is made with the game.

Please see the Op for the download

Great thanks for providing this mission , its nice to test Performance and even nicer to improve arma skills. Big fun with friends and quite fast for a usermade Mission.

keep up the good work!

We really had fun while playing this mission. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the responses. Unfortunately I found a bug in the jip code so I'm fixing it then I'll post an update.