Sign in to follow this  
Craig_VG

[Mission] Dynamic Zombie Sandbox Arma 3

Good Evening!

DZS has finally been updated after years of inactivity. It now runs quite well on the latest version of ARMA 3 with all DLC (yup, go-carts spawn alongside the KAMAZ). 

Quick changelog:

1. Fixed fatal error caused by ARMA 3 platform updates
2. Zombies now will attack sooner after mission start, grab a vehicle fast!
3. Zombies now have blood on their clothes
4. Fixed many non-fatal errors causing log overflow
5. Fixed startup sequence to ensure the mission loads properly every time

As always, download at the Steam workshop:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=176185661

Originally posted

HERE

Shalom,

It has been quite some time since I've made a significant upgrade to DZS, and I'm proud to not only release this upgrade today, but to announce something much greater.

In late 2011 the first version of what would grow to be the #2 COOP mission in Arma 2 and the #1 in Arma 3 (Armaholic hits). It became successful not because it was well done (it was quite rough around the edges), but instead because it was different. Open ended zombie survival of this type wasn't something available anywhere in the gaming industry at the time. DZS took that a step further with many parameters, integrated randomness in almost every aspect, and map independence.

Now, as I start college, my almost year long hiatus has ended. I plan on taking Dynamic Zombie Sandbox into a whole new direction. I would like to revolutionize the system of goals, tasks, and objectives. People need something to do besides kill zombies. Because once you have multiple vehicles loaded with heavy weaponry, no zombie herd can stand a chance and gameplay becomes stale.

In real life you can analyze so much more about someone than in a game. People carry wallets, phones, and more on their person, and that can lead to some exciting things. Example: You kill a zombie and search their body. You find their phone that is holding onto a little battery. Their last text was to his brother, who was planning on going to his house in the country where he was hoarding weapons. Boom, an objective.

Think Skyrim's radiant quests, except with a lot more spice, and no clear indicator of where to go. Arma lets you place markers on the map, so do it. (If you can find a map)

I intend to capture this ingame and that excites me. The structure for this is already present in the version I am releasing today and there is far more on the horizon. So if you have any suggestions, tell me.

Now that my spiel is over it is time for the actual release info:

Dynamic Zombie Sandbox A3 1.0

(Yes it says 1.0... I know the last version was .09, just forget about it... thanks :D)

What's new:

Buildings now play an integral part in the DZS experience.

[*=left]A new system of zombie spawning done completely within buildings
[*=left]New player spawning, within buildings, in their underwear as if they just woke up. (think Rick Grimes)
[*=left]New zombie sounds, they are a work in progress so please give feedback on them
[*=left]More stable spawning system
[*=left]Completely redone file structure
[*=left]Fixed time sync issues
[*=left]And a new loot spawning system
[*=left]You can search the personal effects of dead zombies and players
[*=left]Cute heartbeat in the beginning
[*=left]Messages to intro you to the mission
Let me expand on a few of these:Things now spawn as the player moves around the map, and it is all done client side. This includes weapons, vehicles, and zombies.

You can investigate a dead zombie or player's body. Open their wallet and learn their name, their age, and more. I intend to expand this into a whole new task system that also included vehicles and maybe buildings. Everything has a story, it's time to tell it.This update is basically a launchpad for the future.

Disclaimer:

DZS is very much WIP, I mark this as 1.0 because it is a new beginning for the mission and for me.Some things to expect:

[*=left]Lagginess: There is a vast amount of things being spawned
[*=left]Occasional errors: Config errors occur a lot in DZS, I'm working on it
[*=left]Some parameters won't work. This will get fixed soon, worry not

Download:

Steam workshop (automatic updates, I intend to update this a lot):

http://bit.ly/DZSSteam

DynamicZombieSandbox.com (mission folder also included):

http://dynamiczombiesandbox.com/downloads/

ArmAholic Mirror:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18759

Yeah, I'm in college. I could be getting a job instead of this, so if you are feeling kind:

PayPal

Nice! And this soon... I'm going to test it tomorrow. Hope it'll run decently on a non-dedicated server. In the past I've had some difficulty with that on Arma 2 (i7 @ 4 ghz + 16 players + me playing = 5 fps).

ah DZS... good to see that mission again!

FML.....dayz needs to go standalone already to get all these guys out

This mission was around long before the big D, it isn't related other then the Z's and i've played this series for thousands of hours since 2001 now going anywhere anytime soon :-)

very nice job to get it converted so quickly :bounce3:

there were plenty of PostAp, zombie missions, long before dayz. If i'm not wrong i do remember seeing zombie skins somewhere in arma resources as easternegg or something.

Thank you so much! I've been refreshing the DZS page since the game came out. Hopefully with ArmA III here and all the DayZ fans out, we'll bring back the old crowd that used to play this and not the people who use it to play with game editor mods. Although the base builder was quite good..

time to announce DayZ standalone before all the dam dayz crowd will fuck up servers list once again

A child finds out about DayZ.

A child "buys DayZ".

A child hops onto forums trolling in a thread of a mission that literally created DayZ.

Please leave the talking to actual veterans who played the game before DayZ.

And hellz yea DZS! Finally the mother of all Zombie-related things in the world!

EDIT: Now.. if you'd add civilian zombies (parameters button was a bit hidden to change settings :( )

Edited by LakeDead

Yeah, this was around long before Dayz. You're also kinda comparing BF3 to MW3. Similar games, but different premises.

I was playing this earlier today after downloading it from Armaholic. Had a few people in and had some fun. Also to those thinking that this will bring the DayZ crowd: Zombies have been in the ArmA series for as long as I can remember, which is all the way back to OFP in 2001.

Edited by Nicholas

Request a movement to User Missions thread.

Wow, this is seriously the most difficult forum to sign up for ever... :/

Anyways, first of all, wanted to say thank you for porting this excellent mod over to ArmA 3 so quickly, and also thank you for the work you've put into it.

I know both the game and this mod are alpha, so obviously I'm not complaining, but I just wanted to know if you were aware, or if other users, were experiencing this problem. I am playing with a friend over the internet, and about 90% of the time, the hoist will spawn with a weapon, whereas the second player will not. I tried changing positions and even sides (OPFOR, CIV) but this did not change anything. Also, it is not uncommon to respawn and be stuck in position swimming, even if not spawning in water.

If this is known, and there's no fix at present, thats cool, I was just curious if anyone else was having these issues.

Thanks again!

I am playing with a friend over the internet, and about 90% of the time, the hoist will spawn with a weapon, whereas the second player will not. I tried changing positions and even sides (OPFOR, CIV) but this did not change anything. Also, it is not uncommon to respawn and be stuck in position swimming, even if not spawning in water.

If this is known, and there's no fix at present, thats cool, I was just curious if anyone else was having these issues.

Thanks again!

Wait how could you be a civilian on DZS? I don't have that option.

But yea sometimes you spawn on dry land in a swimming animation, but it goes over soon. I'm pretty sure it's more about ARMA3 than DZS, the bug. Also I've seen people running without guns, but I always get a gun. I'm the host usually though so maybe that's why. Can't say anything about the % of it occurring. I think you'll just have to wait for Bohemia to fix the swimmingbug. Weapons however will get a "fix" when weaponspawns start working. It'll be more exciting to start without a gun then too. ;P

Wait how could you be a civilian on DZS? I don't have that option.

But yea sometimes you spawn on dry land in a swimming animation, but it goes over soon. I'm pretty sure it's more about ARMA3 than DZS, the bug. Also I've seen people running without guns, but I always get a gun. I'm the host usually though so maybe that's why. Can't say anything about the % of it occurring. I think you'll just have to wait for Bohemia to fix the swimmingbug. Weapons however will get a "fix" when weaponspawns start working. It'll be more exciting to start without a gun then too. ;P

Yeah, on mine on the right side where you select your team, I ave BLUEFOR, OPFOR, and CIV

I should have realized the swimming thing was an ArmA thing and not a DZS thing. Derp.

Yeah, when I played alone, I always had a gun, when my friend hosted I didn't, so it seems to follow that hosts always spawn with weapons, other players.... might. Haha, yeah, when weapons spawn it obviously won't be a big deal. :P

And you think this mission will stay that way? :) Have you played the original DZS? I released this on the day of the Alpha release, I can only add so much in an hour.

[h=4]DZS Arma 3 Version .02 [/h]Hello! Sorry for the delay, the last few days have been hectic for me in real life. Now, however, I have updated DZS A3 to version .02.

Changes:

• Included plentiful ammobox spawns near where the player starts. NOTE: You may have to search for them!
  • Made steps to counteract the "Swimming on respawn" issues.
  • Zombies no longer stop spawning permanently, they will begin again over time.
  • Did a lot of testing regarding vehicles

Vehicles are still out as of now. After you load in after the mission spawns vehicles, there is massive lag for a long time. Disabling simulation helps a little, but isn't a final solution. I'm currently writing a more efficient method of vehicle spawning, which will be released tomorrow (March 9)

Download: http://dynamiczombiesandbox.com/downloads/

Does it not work in multiplayer? :/

I test via LAN, I don't have a stable enough internet connection to host online and test, so please tell me if there are issues.