Sign in to follow this  
Dxze

Bug regarding helicopter yaw?

Hi,

Since Arma 2 I've been mapping my right and left yaw to E and Q respectively. I've mapped them like this in Arma 3 also. However, when I hit E to push my right pedal, it also pushes the cyclic forward? I have searched the controls to make sure I don't have two actions mapped to the same key and it doesn't appear that I have. Q works fine for my left pedal without interfering with the cyclic position. Any ideas?

Thanks

edit: I've removed every key binding, then rebinded them all manuall and the problem still persists.

Edited by Dxze

Same issue with E.

To be sure it wasn't invisibly bound somewhere i bound E to many other Heli functions, clicked Ok, and then removed the binds again.

Problem persists.

Has any of you found a fix yet? It's a really frustrating problem.

Yaw means rotating to the left and right? Because i also remapped some keys and the A and D were supposed to make me rotate left and right but they wouldn't work sometimes it was really weird and the helicopter became quite uncontrolable later on when I just wasnt able to stop it other then tapping left shift to make it autohover. They should definately make some control settings for seperate vehicles if they already didnt plan to.

there must be invisible bounds.

I rebound the arrow keys but my guy still keeps screaming forward / stop command when I use them in a car as commander.

same with Shift and E - cant del them from turbo of helis...

also when I chat, the keys I press dont only make my chat text but ingame stuff, opening the clock with 'o' and stuff.-...

I guess for the heli command look here:

[Name].Arma3AlphaProfile in: C:\Users\[Name]\Documents\Arma 3 Alpha

there is also the key keyPushToTalk[]={58};

but what number represents what Key on Keyboard??

Edited by tremanarch

Ok guys, I've finally found a fix :D

here's how to:

>Open My Documents

>Open Arma 3 Alpha folder or Arma 3 Alpha - Other Profiles folder, depending on whether you have created a new profile or not in game

>Open the USERNAME.Arma3AlphaProfile with notepad or notepad++

>Hit CTRL+F and type "HeliFastForward"

>Remove the number 18 from the braces or curly brackets

>Save

All should be working fine now for you, as it is for me :)

Since cyclic is shown in the options, i guess this will be fixed in future updates, possibly simply by adding the "Helifastforward" option into the controls menu

Since cyclic is shown in the options, i guess this will be fixed in future updates, possibly simply by adding the "Helifastforward" option into the controls menu

Yeah, or else remove the HeliFastForward line altogether as I can't imagine any need for a Heli Fast Forward key.

Sorry about being late to the party, couldn't register yesterday, when I saw your post.

I think the cause of the problem is that E is also bound, by default, to "Fast Forward", I think it's in Vehicle controls. So when you bound it under Helicopter controls, you wouldn't see the Vehicle one (the bind which would apply both to cars & tanks (fast forward), as well as planes and helicopters (fast forward, tipping the nose downwards)).

Just figured I'd add it in all the same, though if the problem's gone now, no problems I suppose.

There appears to be a bug in general regarding any movement keys. I use the arrow keys for movement, and despite having removed the references to the wasd keys, the game still sees them as their default. The same problem exists with the arrow keys as well. In the previous arma games I used the arrow keys for moving, flying, and driving, and everything worked correctly depending on whether I was in a vehicle or not. In this alpha I can move and drive, but am unable to turn left or right in the heli due to this issue causing me to roll to the side instead. This issue exists even when trying to use the wasd setup to fly as well.

The suggested edit works. Thanks