Sign in to follow this  
oo para oo

Need Stance Indicator

This would help a lot as people are going to 3rd person just to view there stance. Really needs this funsctionality.

100% ack, would be a great feature.

Yeah I would agree. Just a tiny little profile on the HUD would be great.

Really? Play the game for a while and you'll find that it soon becomes very natural to move up and down in the stances. I don't need to know if i'm in high standing, I just standup and adjust up, if I can't adjust up anymore, then i'm high standing :)

I think the stance indicator thing will soon become useless once everyone gets used to the (awesome) stance and movement controls.

Just make the indicator toggle-able so u can hide it when not needed anymore.

Btw, PR:A2 implemented a stand/walking/running-indicator in the their last 0.16 rls. I think it is a good feature and would be welcome in A3 as well.

It would only need to be something simple. And would just be small and in the top right corner near the rest of your info. Something simple like this and you wouldn't even really need the words. Just fill in the box of your stance.

NxsQ8P8.pngh2oTsZt.jpg

Edited by Fragmagnet

I prefer to play with as less UI as possible and I agree - unlike other UI elements save for AI command - stance indicator is a MUST.

It's really hard to tell which stance I'm in, especially after some fighting. Something small is needed, some small icon depicting the soldier.

I prefer to stay away from hud elements that look like a soldier because they never fit in with the rest of the hud. Also most of the time it just looks silly.

Would be a nice option and I'm sure it could be done in such a way to minimize impact on the immersion.

Yes please, keep finding my self having to press x a few times or switching to 3rd person to find out if i'm crouch running etc. A simple soldier stance icon that only appears for a couple seconds when you press x/z would be perfect.

It would only need to be something simple. And would just be small and in the top right corner near the rest of your info. Something simple like this and you wouldn't even really need the words. Just fill in the box of your stance.
I prefer to stay away from hud elements that look like a soldier because they never fit in with the rest of the hud. Also most of the time it just looks silly.

I completely and utterly disagree. A simple 2D silhouette mirroring your stance would be infinitely much more intuitive and fitting in with the HUD than your box-solution that looks like it comes straight from an Excel-spreadsheet.

Edited by St!gar

It's a bit easier with trackir, just look down :)

Yes, a stance indicator has always been needed in Arma. And now the need has increased a lot by all the new stance options. And no, it should NOT be just a temporary thing, it needs to be always visible. Otherwise, it serves no purpose, because then you'll have to always remember what stance you're currently in, or press a button just to get the indicator to show so you can check your stance.

I dont have a problem with knowing what stance im in, if I need to crouch I crouch, if I need to stand I stand, If I need to go prone I go prone. If a stance indicator is added please make it toggable so for those of us that want more imerssion don't need to have on their screen.

I agree with this, I constantly find myself switch to 3rd person to see which stance im in. a small indicator would be really nice with the option to disable it if you want a minimalist GUI

thumbs up for this, I also find myself switching between first person and 3rd to see my stance :/

How you guys setup your stance keys? And what keys do you use?

How you guys setup your stance keys? And what keys do you use?

im using the default key, left ctrl and w or s or a or d

I fully support the idea. That's easy to implement and could be only an option.