Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Unofficial Ironfront Fan Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Mateush View Post
    I am not their member but i am very close to the very IF developers - AWAR, the sad truth is that the Iron Front has been canceled by investor. Everybody just has been forbidden to talk about it. I dont know why has such decission been made, but i know that the whole AWAR team is very sad about it as they put many years of their lifes into its development and managed to build fantastic community. They were and still are very happy for every player who enjoyed their game. But not all future is dark as AWAR is working on a differend project, differend game, and i have faith that their future is bright.
    With people like you I'm sure their future is bright. They sell you a totally bugged product, then need months to deliver a patch - of course without letting their customers know what is going on. Then they release a quick DLC and finally disappear without any word. On top of that they don't allow modding to make sure they can sell more DLCs. And now after they ran away like cowards they have not even the balls to say sorry or provide something so people can at least mod their shit.

But yes, at the Crysis community they surely find even more people they can milk. At least until they shut down everything in a night and then move on to yet another game when they have enough money and being sick of complaining customers.

Investor canceled it? Yeah sure. And of course they are not allowed to even make a statement that they close down the forums and won't provide any more support. They lie at you and you believe it without even asking questions. Exactly the type of customer they need.

I wonder why after this ripoff this crap here has even a forum. The IF44 horse is dead, it's a shame anyone still provides them a platform after all.

On Armaholic & Bis forums compiling something
    The only shame is for those people who spent their money and now dont play it even though the game works fine,
    all i care is that I have a game that is on the eastern front, i enjoy quite a few of its features, I love the death animations which is what Lib mod
    had in OFP but these are more optimized and I'm having np with the game, always ran fine for me.
    With the unofficial forums as that is what this thread is about were not giving any platform to the developers, or investors, or deepshit i mean silver for the game.

The fact is those of us who own and still play the game are supporting the game itself, and if people like it then we are doing our part
    to support them, be it answers to questions, be it missions for the community, be it scripts, new units, be it plans to fix the game on our own, this is
    those in the community that wish to share what they have.
    Since Awar and whomever cant do their part then we'll take over and do it ourselves, and figure out how to do what it take to do what were looking to do.

Overall its another WW2 game in my game arsenal i can play that has an editor just what i love, to be able to make my own stuff, so be the game supported
    or not really dont matter to me, as long as the game runs dont freeze, or crash, if it were doing that then I would probably figure out what would do it and
    if I cant fix it then well I'd probably be done with it, because its not playable, but it runs np.

Give up, uninstall it, but then leave the shit attitude elseware.

But not all future is dark as AWAR is working on a differend project, differend game, and i have faith that their future is bright.
    Well i'm happy that it seems positive and dont get me wrong i dont hate Awar or anything, but seriously after the all the bs we dealt with last year over getting patches, the lack of communication and whatever else, i think alot of the community have a bad taste of Awar so to speak.
    I'd like to know who was behind the issues in terms of the release and the support of things. i dont want to necessarily downgrade or talk down on Awar and maybe as you said its been forbidden or againsted some legal agreement that they cannot speak but i wish Awar or someone from them say something at least in a way that could better clear up their position on the whole of this situation without "revealing" anything that is bound by agreement if it were to be so.

Even then too how would anyone know that with the new "project" or game they maybe workign on wont end up the same way or go along the same path.
    Like i said before, it should have stayed as a mod, at least then the community could fix, or change, or update, or add to the mod if Awar or the ones who created decided to not continue with it, ti was a good mod for what they were showing us at the time.

Seems like with certain people that as soon as money and business politics gets mixed, the product and the customer end up getting screwed.
    I i were Awar, i would have said something, i would have broke off from whomever and said lets do this ourselves.
    Last edited by Gnter Severloh; Mar 7 2013 at 23:36.
    WarMod Series - A Massive Addon & Mod Customizable Compilation mod for Arma1, Arma2,CO & soon Arma3
    Mission Repository - Hosting Missions & Files for Iron Front: Liberation 1944
    AI Compilation List of Addons/Mods/Scripts & Misc for Arma3

3.   This is the last Developer post in this thread.   #23
    @alekseiguba the reason IF still has forums here on BIF is that it's on our engine and we don't abandon our fans in style like others do ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarden View Post
    @alekseiguba the reason IF still has forums here on BIF is that it's on our engine and we don't abandon our fans in style like others do ...
    And that's very welcomed, thanks.

I am not their member but i am very close to the very IF developers - AWAR, the sad truth is that the Iron Front has been canceled by investor. Everybody just has been forbidden to talk about it. I dont know why has such decission been made, but i know that the whole AWAR team is very sad about it as they put many years of their lifes into its development and managed to build fantastic community. They were and still are very happy for every player who enjoyed their game. But not all future is dark as AWAR is working on a differend project, differend game, and i have faith that their future is bright.
    Finally, some word on what happened (albeit not exactly official, but the same sort of story was said on the "Greedy Thoughts..." thread. Now that I know what the situation is, I'm not all that angry anymore. Well, I'm annoyed that all of those discussions/comments about the game are now gone; there was quite a lot of good reads and information there, but still.

Iron Front: Red River?

The Dev. and publisher just ran away in shamful like cowards. No any explaining or excuses to their customers what happened or why they did in such a way.
    The problems of failure of this game are from the both of AWAR & the game developer. AWAR has no sense of publishing and managing this game well. The developer has too much sense of grabing money for their every work. They don't want to do any more work which is not in the orginal plan of AWAR to pay. For instance, Panfraust was in the semi-completed condition for a very long time. But nobody in the team of delveloper was willing to finish it for free. And just leaving it in such status till the end of the game! They don't know such additional work wouldn't be actually meritless even if they won't get paid by AWAR. One of the major reasons for the failure of this game is to have so few stuff of weapon, vehicles and etc. to choose in such a large scenario of WW2 game. So lots of players become losing interests after some time and also no more new gamers were interested in joining for it. Any free work of the Developer to do for the game would really bring the new blood to the game itself and help to attact more players. Then they could do more when more players and customers came in. But they only were so much greedy for money, money for any their work and reluctant to do anything without being paid.
    And in the long run, a DLC with only several vehicles and troops didn't get a success. It's not strange at all. If ARMA2 published in such way, it also wouldn't be in successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkymplbo View Post
    But nobody in the team of delveloper was willing to finish it for free. ... But they only were so much greedy for money, money for any their work and reluctant to do anything without being paid.
    Unfortunately, I also found this to be true during my dealings with the devs. Although I documented some bugs quite carefully, a certain dev refused to fix them, giving the excuse that "he wasn't being paid to fix bugs, I'm working on the DLC." Sad but true.

On Armaholic & Bis forums compiling something
    How about we stay on topic here for what the thread is about namely the new forums.
    use this thread for all Awar/IF politics.
    http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...reedy-thoughts

On top of that they don't allow modding to make sure they can sell more DLCs.
    They? You know that the engine owners allow or disallow modding? You know, those who don't abandon thier fans in style like others do.
    Last edited by Li0n; Mar 18 2013 at 22:01.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast