Sign in to follow this  
tay-uk

Unofficial Ironfront Fan Forum

Since the official Ironfront forums are down I have taken the liberty of creating a new fan forum for the purposes of continued Ironfront discussion.

Feel free to use them as you would have the official forum.

Links to Gunters Mission Repsitory and to these BIS forums are also on the site.

The forum also includes a chatroom, so things can be discussed live with other forum users.

Ironfront Fans Forum

I hope it proves of use to fellow Ironfront fans.

Thanks

Tay-uk

(p.s. I am still hoping the official ones come back on-line)

Just curious - so dont get me wrong and kudos to your efforts.

Why not just use this forum?

Good question and I can only answer it for myself, I just feel more comfortable in my own home to speak, as good as these forums are, (and I use them often as i am also an ARMA player) they are not dedicated to Ironfront. My hope is to try and get back to something similar to what we had not 7 days ago, where the official forums were a place to go for us to call home ;) besides, the new forum has a chat feature, which is nice.

But then again all the above is just what I think, if it takes off, great, if not then so be it.

(without the official forum I feel like I've lost an arm, I am just trying to grow it back :) )

Edited by Tay-uk

I'd rather just use this forum tbh:

1. All the sub-forums are already laid out, similar to the AWAR/X1 IF44 forums.

2. The BIStudios IF44 forum is just part of a larger forum; the rest of the BI community is here discussing ArmA II/OA/ArmA III/ToH, they can come in here freely as well.

3. The BIStudio forums already have a lot of activity and a lot of active moderators.

There's no point making yet another when there are already three different ones; Deep Silver IF44 forums, AWAR/X1 IF44 forums (which are now down, not sure if they will come back) and then this one. It'll split the community even more.

cheers. in my view you make a lot of good points Tay-uk. if one has a good community and moderators, a separate place makes it somewhat special and more comfortable.

personally i am not a fan of the BIF - especially not the concentration, but I gave up and am no longer will to spend the time trying establish our own PvP forum.

There's no point making yet another when there are already three different ones; Deep Silver IF44 forums, AWAR/X1 IF44 forums (which are now down, not sure if they will come back) and then this one. It'll split the community even more.

I agree. We need cohesion to make finding info easier. The situation is confusing enough as it is.

I appreciate your views, but I have created this forum as a replacement for the one that is no longer there and for the reason I have stated above. I for one don't appreciate the rug being pulled for under me without so much as a word of warning as is the case with the official forums.

I am no online community expert, but in all honesty I can't see any reason why this would split a community, I have always used the official forums, and in most instances had this forum opened and the armaholic forums opened at the same time trying to find information that I may want, It has never been a problem.

Edited by Tay-uk

No forum expert? Well then you sooner or later will have a lot of "fans" posting there. I'm just not sure if it's the sort of posts you would prefer to have. :)

I almost agree with you Wolle, and your point taken, but I'll take my chances in the cut throat world of the gaming forum for now.

The new forums are not quite at the stage of "have you tried the search feature?, thread locked and scheduled for deletion" yet, but all being well there may be a time :)

Sounds like a fun place, guess everyone can do as he please then. I heard from people that they prefer a streamlined forum where not every day another "how I make a paradrop" thread appears.

But your forum, your call. Good luck with it.

(6) No Piracy* -You must not post links to illegal downloads or copyrighted material such as movies and music.

That IF44 logo in the banner... uhmmm you may think about that again. Just sayin'

Yes, I also wish the best of luck to you and your new forums, Tay-uk! :)

That logo can be changed no problem, but since it was freely available on the internet I will wait until I am officialy asked to remove it, at that point I shall change it no problem. I am however glad your taking an interest though, you are helping no end. But what I am not so sure about is why your taking such a high horse stance to the whole issue, I think I get it, you don't like the idea?

Besides don't you have enough work moderating this forum? no need to concern yourself with the new one.

Edited by Tay-uk

I probably wont be joining, I have had it with IF now and have uninstalled it. The lack of support and dev silence has annoyed me too much. If you still need scripting help, feel free to PM me here though.

Dan;2309132']I probably wont be joining' date=' I have had it with IF now and have uninstalled it. The lack of support and dev silence has annoyed me too much. If you still need scripting help, feel free to PM me here though.[/quote']

I don't think I'll be joining either. I've given up on my plans for that D-Day Campaign for IF44. AWAR/X1 can go fornicate themselves, I'm moving to I44 to do my WWII-setting missions/campaigns, like I knew I should have done months ago.

Public discussion about how we moderate the forums here removed, also irrelevant posts about the engine.

Stay on topic or leave the thread, easy eh?

Public discussion about how we moderate the forums here removed, also irrelevant posts about the engine.

Stay on topic or leave the thread, easy eh?

Become a "Internet Forum Moderator" and feel the

really...

Glad to have you aboad Major :)

I am not their member but i am very close to the very IF developers - AWAR, the sad truth is that the Iron Front has been canceled by investor. Everybody just has been forbidden to talk about it. I dont know why has such decission been made, but i know that the whole AWAR team is very sad about it as they put many years of their lifes into its development and managed to build fantastic community. They were and still are very happy for every player who enjoyed their game. But not all future is dark as AWAR is working on a differend project, differend game, and i have faith that their future is bright.

Guess the publisher canceled any official further work on IF because the release was too buggy and "only patching" doesn't make money/profit.... One could ask why they need to do it so silently - just afraid of mistrust and falling sales?

I am not their member but i am very close to the very IF developers - AWAR, the sad truth is that the Iron Front has been canceled by investor. Everybody just has been forbidden to talk about it. I dont know why has such decission been made, but i know that the whole AWAR team is very sad about it as they put many years of their lifes into its development and managed to build fantastic community. They were and still are very happy for every player who enjoyed their game. But not all future is dark as AWAR is working on a differend project, differend game, and i have faith that their future is bright.

With people like you I'm sure their future is bright. They sell you a totally bugged product, then need months to deliver a patch - of course without letting their customers know what is going on. Then they release a quick DLC and finally disappear without any word. On top of that they don't allow modding to make sure they can sell more DLCs. And now after they ran away like cowards they have not even the balls to say sorry or provide something so people can at least mod their shit.

But yes, at the Crysis community they surely find even more people they can milk. At least until they shut down everything in a night and then move on to yet another game when they have enough money and being sick of complaining customers.

Investor canceled it? Yeah sure. And of course they are not allowed to even make a statement that they close down the forums and won't provide any more support. They lie at you and you believe it without even asking questions. Exactly the type of customer they need.

I wonder why after this ripoff this crap here has even a forum. The IF44 horse is dead, it's a shame anyone still provides them a platform after all.

The only shame is for those people who spent their money and now dont play it even though the game works fine,

all i care is that I have a game that is on the eastern front, i enjoy quite a few of its features, I love the death animations which is what Lib mod

had in OFP but these are more optimized and I'm having np with the game, always ran fine for me.

With the unofficial forums as that is what this thread is about were not giving any platform to the developers, or investors, or deepshit i mean silver for the game.

The fact is those of us who own and still play the game are supporting the game itself, and if people like it then we are doing our part

to support them, be it answers to questions, be it missions for the community, be it scripts, new units, be it plans to fix the game on our own, this is

those in the community that wish to share what they have.

Since Awar and whomever cant do their part then we'll take over and do it ourselves, and figure out how to do what it take to do what were looking to do.

Overall its another WW2 game in my game arsenal i can play that has an editor just what i love, to be able to make my own stuff, so be the game supported

or not really dont matter to me, as long as the game runs dont freeze, or crash, if it were doing that then I would probably figure out what would do it and

if I cant fix it then well I'd probably be done with it, because its not playable, but it runs np.

Give up, uninstall it, but then leave the shit attitude elseware.

But not all future is dark as AWAR is working on a differend project, differend game, and i have faith that their future is bright.

Well i'm happy that it seems positive and dont get me wrong i dont hate Awar or anything, but seriously after the all the bs we dealt with last year over getting patches, the lack of communication and whatever else, i think alot of the community have a bad taste of Awar so to speak.

I'd like to know who was behind the issues in terms of the release and the support of things. i dont want to necessarily downgrade or talk down on Awar and maybe as you said its been forbidden or againsted some legal agreement that they cannot speak but i wish Awar or someone from them say something at least in a way that could better clear up their position on the whole of this situation without "revealing" anything that is bound by agreement if it were to be so.

Even then too how would anyone know that with the new "project" or game they maybe workign on wont end up the same way or go along the same path.

Like i said before, it should have stayed as a mod, at least then the community could fix, or change, or update, or add to the mod if Awar or the ones who created decided to not continue with it, ti was a good mod for what they were showing us at the time.

Seems like with certain people that as soon as money and business politics gets mixed, the product and the customer end up getting screwed.

I i were Awar, i would have said something, i would have broke off from whomever and said lets do this ourselves.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

@alekseiguba the reason IF still has forums here on BIF is that it's on our engine and we don't abandon our fans in style like others do ...

@alekseiguba the reason IF still has forums here on BIF is that it's on our engine and we don't abandon our fans in style like others do ...

And that's very welcomed, thanks.

Finally, some word on what happened (albeit not exactly official, but the same sort of story was said on the "Greedy Thoughts..." thread. Now that I know what the situation is, I'm not all that angry anymore. Well, I'm annoyed that all of those discussions/comments about the game are now gone; there was quite a lot of good reads and information there, but still.