nkenny

Fireforce Takistan Mission package by nkenny

FFtakistan.jpg

by nkenny

Version 1.0b

Date 28.02.13

> DOWNLOAD @ ARMAHOLIC

Features

- 10 Missions suitable for six to 18 players.

- Four Asymmetric Team vs Team scenarios with varied mission objectives.

- Full ACE realism,with support for ACRE Radios.

- Customize weapon attachments in the field!

- 20 to 40 minutes playtime per mission.

- Highly replayable.

- Playtested on dedicated servers.

Addons:

- ACE + ACEX

- ACRE optional

Slow is smooth. FireForce TAKISTAN is a new multiplayer mission package which offers nine high intensity multiplayer scenarios, performed by an air mechanized infantry unit; mission package is suitable for six to 18 players. Objectives are varied, replayability is high. Charge your engines and read on.

Smooth is fast. Do the difficult things, make the tough choices. These are cooperative missions that emphasise speed, planning, and aggressive executions. Fast roping, hot insertions, and rainbow6'esque assault plans is what this mission package is all about. Mount up, and make ready to push man and machine to the limit.

Fast is lethal. When the enemy is human, the stakes are higher. Four of the scenarios are of an asymmetric adversarial, team vs team, nature. OpFor is encouraged to cultivate a fiendish cunning. The scenarios present a challenging environment, frequently urban, often populated by innocent bystanders, and weighted by civilian traffic. Enjoy!

NB: For units not interested in TvT gameplay, each of the adversarial missions come with an optional coop switch.

Ken Mikkelsen

Contains 10 missions:

Basics, a warmup shooting range to explore weapons, tactics, and equipment.

Operation Red Roulette

Operation Yellow Drake

Operation Vermillion Queen

Operation Viridian Oriental

Operation Indigo Return, adversarial

Operation Saffron Snakes, adversarial

Operation Carmine Contact, adversarial

Operation Blue Duke

Operation Mango Tango, adversarial

Credits:

- Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead by Bohemia Interactive

- Acemod by aceteam

- ACRE by Jaynus and Nouber nou

- Modified Tactical Weapon Attachment Template by Militantsausage

- Vehicle Respawn Script by Tophe

- AI Hear Radio by Krause and Beta

Acknowledgements:

- Nixxen: for producing a great video trailer!

- Armaholic.com for hosting tons of wonderful missions.

- Sixupdater for redefining how we play the game.

Misc Pictures:

pic1swr.jpg

pic4yj.jpg

pic3hw.jpg

pic2wx.jpg

> DOWNLOAD @ ARMAHOLIC

Regards,

Ken Mikkelsen

Edited by NkEnNy
Updated with Link

Thank you, I always love your missions, definitely gonna test before the Arma 3 alpha arrives. Waiting for the link!

Hi Down8, hah, indeed, in hindsight I wasn't expecting Arma3 to be released so soon. I think Arma2 still has a couple of gaming nights in it however.

Link is now updated. Enjoy:)

-k

Thanks for the pack nkenny! We are big fans of your work.

I was definitely glad to see you made the adversarial missions coop compatible!

You mentioned something about a promo video though I don't find it in tour post?

Sounds realy interesting. I upload the missions to my server and looking forward to play these missions (especially the TvT Missions) with my comrades.

regards

Sounds great! Will be playing Operation Mango Tango next week. Definitely will have a look at the others as well asap. Sounds promising :)

Tonight we played 3 adversarial missions from the Fireforce package. It was awesome!! We were not really with enough players (about 8 ~ 10) for the Mango Tango mission (we did one play-through), then we played Saffron Snakes (did a nice ambush on the BMP hell yeah), after which we played Indigo Return. Indigo Return was, with the smaller amount of players, our very favorite. Played it 3 times in a row. We boobytrapped the hell out of the two objectives with the tripwires, as well as blocking access to pathways with a truck and a satchel (read: IED). 3 of the 4 guys from the other team were, during the firefight, killed by our well placed boobytraps and tripwires. Awesome stuff!

One possible bug: on Indigo Return we as opfor survived the time limit and blufor was unable to destroy the UAV terminal and unable to gather the intelligence. But the mission kept on going with 0 minutes on the clock. It only ended once the last survivor of blufor was killed. Seems like a bug, because after the time limit, even if blufor kills all opfor, they still loose any way because they didn't get the objectives on time.

Video of our session last night:

Hey, looks like you had a blast.

The PvP aspects of the Fireforce mission package is my pride and joy. Arma2, particularly combined with ACRE, makes for a fantastic delivery system for asymmetric objective based team deathmatch games. One life, no artificial boundaries, and no arbitrary equipment limitations-- beyond the thematic ones-- are designed to provide a robust and tactical sandbox. To further increase the replayability I have tried to introduce sensible dynamic elements. Objectives will start at different locations, but each location is handpicked and not the result of a fully randomized formula. The wish is to create tactically challenging scenarios which push the needs of teamwork one step further.

From your video it looks like you had a fun time. Indigo Returns is definitely the mission which works best with smaller numbers of players. Bluefor, the attacking team, should generally try to outnumber the defenders at least 2 to 1. Else, I fear the advantage would be too much in opfors favour. Being the guys with a turban and AK should be hard. Earlier versions of the scenarios had opfor even without 343 radios!

Bottom line is fun, and I am happy that you seem to have had that in plenty. Tangodown.nl videos are always entertaining, even if I don't speak the language (or my missions are played)-- seems like you have a good community going on. :)

Ken

Cant believe I havent posted before but.... Thank you ever so much. The hours of practice flying the littlebird on these lovely missions exceeds my years. Great missions

:) You're welcome.