Sign in to follow this  
Westonsammy

Livestream of Alpha gameplay

With the announcement by the devs that video recording will be allowed during the ArmA 3 Alpha, I have decided to get a Livestream of some of the ArmA 3 gameplay as soon as I can. I am planning on getting the supporter edition the minute it goes on sale, and the second the download finishes I will begin the stream. I will post in the comments of this video once I know what Livestreaming website I will be using (Probably Twitch) and what account I will be posting it too (Probably Westonsammy).

So if you are unsure if you want to buy into the ArmA 3 Alpha, but still want to get into the "Just Released" hype of the first day if you do decide to buy it, I will try and provide you with the first publicly recorded gameplay footage of ArmA 3 Alpha.

I'm also able to provide a live stream on the 5th. It'll be streamed on twitch at www.twitch.tv/klimae/new, I have some past broadcasts of me playing STALKER, which you can look at to see the quality of the stream. There's no commentary, but I'm willing to comment while playing the alpha and answer any questions or perform any request within the game.

Live stream is down, for maybe an hour or 2

Edited by Klima
reasons

For anyone who is unready/undecided if they want to purchase the arma 3 alpha. I will be providing an HD quality live stream while playing with my community members. My self as well as other members will be providing commentary. We are going to have a big group playing together on the multiplayer missions provided in the alpha as well as some custom ones we will create in the days to come. For anyone who is looking for a group/community to join and play the alpha with feel free to hop in the teamspeak and join the fun on march 5th! We will continue to provide live stream coverage of the community alpha for arma 3 in the days to come after the 5th.

Our teamspeak: crimelifegaming.teamspeak3.com:5781

The live streaming will be held here: http://www.twitch.tv/september670

Edited by Foxhound
moved here, we do not need seperate threads for everyone announcing his live stream

I will be streaming, too. So I am one of the Arma 3 Alpha Streams on Twitch.tv

Arma 3 can come out on disc WITH STEAM. But it's still with steam.

ONTOPIC: I might make some HD videos (When i learn how) of Arma 3s Alpha instead of the livestreaming.

You should get a recording program, like fraps, and record your gameplay. Then you need a video editing software, Windows Movie Maker is a free program for this, it's not that great though, or something like Sony Vegas or CyperLink Power Director.

Another thing you can do is livestream via Xsplit or FFsplit and have it save a local recording on your harddrive, the quality will be worse than with fraps as it's a recording of the livestream and not a recording of the gameplay. For this you'll need an extra step, which is a file converter, or else you won't get audio as Xsplit uses the AAC(I think) audio codec and it's not supported by youtube or the like. This is what I do.

If you need more help, feel free to PM and I might be able to help you out.

EDIT: Here's a link to my youtube profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/Fjampe/videos?view=0&flow=grid (Not meant as self-promotion), I have uploaded a couple of Dark Souls videos. This can help you get an idea of the quality you'll get if you use the local recording from the livestream, converted into an .MKV with another audio codec and then edited in Power Director.

Edited by Klima
Reasons

Hello everyone, I just wanted to let anyone know that's interested, that I'll be LiveStreaming the Alpha tomorrow :) I'll be doing my best to check out everything and hopefully I can provide a nice overview of the game and get people out there and playing with me!

Stream is currently: OFFLINE

You can click this link: Arma 3: Alpha LiveStream (TheMike360)

I'll be Streaming at 720p at about 30fps (I may try 1080p depending on how my computer handles streaming with A3) I've been testing and for this and it seems to have been very smooth from everyone I got opinions from, hopefully you guys enjoy! I'm not quite sure what time I'll be online for sure, but it will have to be after school, the earliest I'll be streaming will probably be 4:30pm (Eastern)

Thanks everyone, and I hope to see you guys tomorrow!

Computer Specs

Processor: intel i7 860 2.8ghz

GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 570

RAM: 16GB DDR3

Edited by TheMike

I have removed all discussion in this thread. From now on please post only links to your Arma 3 Livestream here.

No discussion at all, no matter for what reason!

Will be streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/zyromkiru

Will start once game is installed, will probably have running while i mess with graphical settings to show how much fps i get and what you might expect.

Running at 720p as native res takes a tole when trying to stream good quality. Check Signature for Status

FPS will be 30 at first and may pause live stream to up it to 60 FPS if I get lucky but since I have no idea how optimized the game will be lets assume it will stay 30 fps for now.

GPU: Nvidia 660 GTX

CPU: i5-3570k

Ram: 8GB DDR3 1600

Edited by Zyromkiru