Sign in to follow this  
NeuroFunker

Things you wish NOT to have in the game!

As the thread title says, what features would you NOT like to see in the game?

Since the game is based in the near future (~2030?), there could be some "futuristic" tools, something like a scanner, which is showing the enemies through the walls, a stealth mode (makes you look, like you were made of a glass) etc. This 2 are the most probably i wish not to have in the game, what are your thoughts?:confused:

Abit off topic but the only thing i have ever hated about arma 2 is the spinning head when choosing a face. Should be static or be able to control the rotation. Hope its not the same with a3

Jetpacks and phasers. Zombies and aliens.

Still would love to see all those in mods though.

Standing up while prone when you crawl near a rock. Usually means instant death by a bullet.

AI leader commands forcing you to get out from a vehicle.

female soldiers

This. The immersive feeling will be lost for me when I see a female soldier dragging a 200 pound grunt + all of his gear behind a wall when he gets wounded. I also would prefer smoother animations and movement, especially for CQB.

As the thread title says, what features would you NOT like to see in the game?

Since the game is based in the near future (~2030?), there could be some "futuristic" tools, something like a scanner, which is showing the enemies through the walls, a stealth mode (makes you look, like you were made of a glass) etc. This 2 are the most probably i wish not to have in the game, what are your thoughts?:confused:

ArmA is always based on reality and those two are nothing but pure fantasy so we won't see them at least.

This. The immersive feeling will be lost for me when I see a female soldier dragging a 200 pound grunt + all of his gear behind a wall when he gets wounded. I also would prefer smoother animations and movement, especially for CQB.

Don't bring that shit here, there is a thread dedicated to that.

Edited by NodUnit

I want ARMA 3 to stand out, and dont be as much alike as other games nowadays.

I want it to be slow.

I dont want ANY hitmarkers of any kind.

I dont want unlocks, i dont want XP.

I dont want anything popping up on my screen for rewards or anything.

I dont want everything to be quicker, but CQC can be easier to do. I want things to be planned and set out good.

I dont want impatient kids that teamkills, and i dont want people that cant play ARMA properly.

I dont want everything to be quicker, but CQC can be easier to do. I want things to be planned and set out good.

Explain.

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

I do not want bunnyhopping gangster tier 1 in boonie hats.

great thread, deff don't want blured game, the lest, the better.

Just finished warfare match on ohai(wasp), my eyes are killing me XP

deff don't want blured game, the lest, the better.

Never experienced that. Do you have your screen resolution and 3d resolution equal to one another? Are you using the post processing effects.

Explain.

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

I do not want bunnyhopping gangster tier 1 in boonie hats.

I said that poorly.

Ive played ALOT of arma 2, and its just so often it feels a bit clunky CQC, its a bit difficult to do properly because of leans, distance to walls FOV when aiming.

Main battle tanks flying hundreds of meters into the air after driving over a boulder, although that seems to be gone in ArmA 2 with the new patches. I remember vividly of it happening in ArmA 1, even took some quality pics of it with FRAPS.

Solidly-rigid bodies of infantrymen flying into the air after an explosion.

Don't bring that shit here, there is a thread dedicated to that.

Ditto. Keep that shit out of here.

Edited by Laqueesha

A Non-Wishlist thread...we've come full circle Gents. I guess I really don't want anyone named Francis in game as well as

Standing up while prone when you crawl near a rock. Usually means instant death by a bullet.

AI leader commands forcing you to get out from a vehicle.

Guns. We should join hands and sing kumbaya with the Iranians.

But having only one muzzleflash needs to change. Only thing I can think of.

I didn’t want to see A3 set in the future, even near future.:(

But I suppose that’s the way things go, present day would have been nice..

This x1000, actually I'd love it in a patch for A2.

great thread, deff don't want blured game, the lest, the better.

Disable post-process effects and the blur is gone.

Probably might be too late an might effect pathfinding, but whats the point of setting up a defense if AI can walk thru walls? Least in ArmA2 SA used to love puttin a cpl 100 ai an than hide in the Tower @ Vybor airbase an let the lil buggers come try n get me only to have one shoot me from behin thru a wall.

I didn’t want to see A3 set in the future, even near future. But I suppose that’s the way things go, present day would have been nice..

Don't worry, the modding community is sure to come through! ;)

Disable post-process effects and the blur is gone.

True, although this has some inadvertent effects on visuals, such as tracers and NVGs.