Sign in to follow this  
jerryhopper

Arma3 gameservers spotted

[citation needed]

RPS: When can we expect to see more of the game? Any chances of a hands-on session soon?

Ivan: We are now busy working on the public community alpha which is due for release in this autumn. It will be similar to our E3 hands-on demo, but it will contain the 2D mission editor and allow modifications. I am confident we will be able to showcase many major improvements and new features in this early build and give the community an excellent toy to ease their waiting for the final game.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/14/interview-bohemia-talk-arma-3-modding-day-z/

Following E3, we plan to open up the game to our players. This process starts with the release of a playable build of Arma 3. We call it the 'Community Alpha'. It's intended to enable people who'd like to try the game early on in development help us to shape it up - and make Arma 3 the greatest release of the series. Ours is a large and complex game - being developed by a relatively small team - so we really appreciate your opinions, thoughts and feedback.

http://www.bistudio.com/english/company/developers-blog/285-scanning-the-horizon-arma-3-in-2012

furthermore : http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/02/23/arma-3-community-alpha/

the whole communication implements (trying, public, for erey who want) that the community alpha will be free as try and feedback offer. Whatever it's BIS decision not ours, so the question is when will the alpha revealed? Didn't some of the mods said its beginning of march? :)

omg this means test!!!! maybe tomorrow!!

highly doubt it.

Guess Jerry had a just cup of coffee and absolutly NOTHING more to do.... who would have even thought that someday BIS or any other game dev will try/test something out? Now waiting for the next new A3 thread with a title like "OMG - BIS got A3 running we should get it naow!!!" :tongue:

for fucks sake, how often more? It's god damn OPEN alpha...........

wanna bet?

omg this means test!!!! maybe tomorrow!!

Well if you will get to Czech Republic and join the focus group until tomorrow then yes.

For the rest of us it's going to be around March (the most likely bet)

wanna bet?

Yeah I'm pretty sure they said at some point in time that pre-ordering the game would give you access to the community alpha.

Somebody can correct me if they see a source saying otherwise.

Well if you will get to Czech Republic and join the focus group until tomorrow then yes.

For the rest of us it's going to be around March.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/14/interview-bohemia-talk-arma-3-modding-day-z/

Ivan: We are now busy working on the public community alpha which is due for release in this autumn. It will be similar to our E3 hands-on demo, but it will contain the 2D mission editor and allow modifications. I am confident we will be able to showcase many major improvements and new features in this early build and give the community an excellent toy to ease their waiting for the final game.

I'm pretty sure autumn constitutes september.

Dude Crowe (or someone that looks like him) said - focus groups first, then community alpha. I doubt focus testing will take them more than a month.

As for '2012's autumn' I think you should know better than to trust BIS when it comes to precise dates. Their "soon" is just as precise as "thursday" and "when it's done"

Yeah I'm pretty sure they said at some point in time that pre-ordering the game would give you access to the community alpha.

Somebody can correct me if they see a source saying otherwise.

I'm pretty sure autumn constitutes september.

You did realize that this article was published June 14. 2012? A lot happened since then which delayed everything as we know. But my guess is that during this interview, it was meant to be autumn 2012....do i need to say more?

:EDITH:

I can do big fonts aswell:

By Jim Rossignol on June 14th, 2012 at 2:00 pm.

Outdated info is outdated. :p

Myke;2297670']

:EDITH:

I can do big fonts aswell:

...and give infractions to others who does.

---------- Post added at 14:57 ---------- Previous post was at 14:49 ----------

wanna bet?

someone who bets, has already lost...

I just can't see them releasing the alpha for free if it is going to include the editor - that is pretty much the whole game right there. My bet is they will release a free version that doesn't contain nearly as much stuff (like the editor), and a pre-order version that includes everything they got.

Unless BIS are so confident that everyone who gets the alpha will continue to buy the final product, I can't see them just giving the full alpha to anyone who wants it for free, no matter how buggy it is.

someone who bets, has already lost...

I think you've just won something, but it's certainly not "the discussion"... :rolleyes:

Point is, the info regarding the availability of the alpha has been conflicting. It may be open and free for everyone, it may be pre-order only, or maybe something else entirely - nothing has been 100% confirmed yet. If you claim otherwise, you obviously suffer from selective amnesia.

When an announcement comes, we will know for sure.

Well we are more than half way through February, lets just wait for the information that will be published in 9 days maximum.

Point is, the info regarding the availability of the alpha has been conflicting. It may be open and free for everyone, it may be pre-order only, or maybe something else entirely - nothing has been 100% confirmed yet. If you claim otherwise, you obviously suffer from selective amnesia.

Indeed, most of the talk (if not all of it) is pre-L-Word-Incident, so I wouldn't really count on it. I still think the forum/shop id merge was because the alpha will be pre-order only, but...

When an announcement comes, we will know for sure.

.. exactly that :) Everything else is just speculation.

Well we are more than half way through February, lets just wait for the information that will be published in 9 days maximum.

The announcement could be delayed like the game was delayed, and so February actually could pass without any information being released... just saying.

I just can't see them releasing the alpha for free if it is going to include the editor - that is pretty much the whole game right there. My bet is they will release a free version that doesn't contain nearly as much stuff (like the editor), and a pre-order version that includes everything they got.

Unless BIS are so confident that everyone who gets the alpha will continue to buy the final product, I can't see them just giving the full alpha to anyone who wants it for free, no matter how buggy it is.

well do you realize what alpha is? Just an very early build, which contents about a quarter of game has to offer, what do you mean by FULL alpha? Devs said it will include stratis the smaller island, and i guess some of vehicles small choppah and infantry. Why would u think BIS will give us nearly finished game or something?

---------- Post added at 17:31 ---------- Previous post was at 17:30 ----------

Delayed announcement of announcement about announcement - coming soon. :cool:

dox dox, paradox, para-paradox. lol

...February actually could pass without any information being released...

I don't think so :)

* throws some oil on the fire *

i thought i've seen a newspost that said release is @04/01/2013 ;)

omg.. This teasing is making me go crazy :D

I hope you're right, most of us eat our own hair to get some info about development process :D

Just tell me if when i need to take the rest of the month free from work, otherwise i have to call in sick when it's released ;)