Sign in to follow this  
Leaulux

ARMA 3 OPFOR Discussion Thread

For example, we could see a new campaign in another hot spot. (Best Korea Vs. South Korea, Pakistan Vs. India, etc)

This will hardly happen, since it could destroy our hard-established fan base in North Korea.

This will hardly happen, since it could destroy our hard-established fan base in North Korea.

that one and half people? :p

Seriously, though, including North Best Korea's just asking for trouble from other countries with strenuous ties to it, especially SK and Japan. Ever play Japanese Homefront? Apparently the invaders were from the "northern country". Then again, Canada vs. the USA is definitely a scenario I'd love to see explored by further installments in the Arma series.

Seriously, though, including North Best Korea's just asking for trouble from other countries with strenuous ties to it, especially SK and Japan. Ever play Japanese Homefront? Apparently the invaders were from the "northern country". Then again, Canada vs. the USA is definitely a scenario I'd love to see explored by further installments in the Arma series.

Would that really be a fair fight?

OPFOR Mexico backed with Iranian/Chinese Equipment to do a backdoor invasion of the United States would be interesting.

Though I would hope that Mexico will join NATO in the future ^^

OR a unified South American Union that poses some problems for the United States. I know that we aren't too liked in Venezuela. That map that Antoineflemming made was pretty good, but he should put a little bit more faith in our Asian - Oceania allies! LOL

It makes me wonder, now that the Iranians got their own weapons what will happen with the Tar 21, will we see an Israeli faction as well?

It will stay in game as a weapon :).

It makes me wonder, now that the Iranians got their own weapons what will happen with the Tar 21, will we see an Israeli faction as well?

Well we haven't seen the F2000 for a while either after the MX started showing up. They may still be in the game, I guess.

Well we haven't seen the F2000 for a while either after the MX started showing up. They may still be in the game, I guess.

We did see one picture with the new muzzle flash.

800px-Arma3-e3-3.jpg

Forgot about that one. So I guess the weapons are still in the game, just not primary weapons.

Or simply used by another branch than the regulars.

BTW the Kh-2002 we saw is a little different than the real life one. The carrying handle is lower, longer, has a rail built in and serves as the support for the front aiming sight. I shall call it... KH-2030

I really hope for a russian faction/expansion/add-on, if they export t-100 and mi-48, then I want to see what they use in their own military.

I really hope for a russian faction/expansion/add-on, if they export t-100 and mi-48, then I want to see what they use in their own military.

same hopes here mate. I wanna shoot some orsis t-5000, along driving t-95 and bmpt "ramka" + flying suhoi t-52 pak fa

Re: the KH-2002 -- I would note that the TRG-21 is basically a CTAR-21 (not the fuller-length TAR-21 variants or the MTAR-21 that's supposed to become IDF standard issue in our timeline) while the Mk 20 is a F2000 Tactical with a fictional barrel length, so perhaps in the Armaversum this "new OPFOR rifle" is a development variant of the KH-2002.

Who knows. He has a suppressor. He could easily be an SF unit.

I really hope for a russian faction/expansion/add-on

make that +1 I love playing on the russian side, especially infantry.

Tacticool Ameuropean gear became boring to me ages ago. They all use the same stuff.

Tacticool Ameuropean gear became boring to me ages ago. They all use the same stuff.

You seen the latest Spetsnaz gear - they look like tacticoooool Amurrrican gear.

And that's why you grunt it! I preferred being an insurgent. :D

I preferred being an insurgent.

+1!

African insurgent be the best kind. Feel like a badass taking down tacticool guys with ma "choppa" and then jumping in the back of my buddies barely functioning, rusty old pickup, blaring my rap music as we drive away.

Don't mess with those guys or

I'm just glad both factions are almost, if not completely equally equipped. It would also make more sense getting killed by one round to the head from 500 meters away while running at a full sprint with one of these rifles than with an AK 47/74.

Edited by RS_SPECTER

As Rye alluded to, it appears that the Russians
. :D

I'm just glad both factions are almost, if not completely equally equipped. It would also make more sense getting killed by one round to the head from 500 meters away while running at a full sprint with one of these rifles than with an AK 47/74.

lmfao at ur sig :DD