Sign in to follow this  
-Coulum-

Will You Use the Cross-hairs?

Will You Use the New Arma 3 Cross-hairs?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will You Use the New Arma 3 Cross-hairs?

• I will, I used them in A2
    • I will, I didn't use them in A2
    • I will not, I used them in A2
    • I will not, I didn't use them in A2
    • Depends on how I feel (Hardcore vs. Casual)

I don't use the default crosshairs that come with the game. However, I do use crosshair mods, such as the "Minimal Crosshair" mod, that lets you shoot in a "general" direction, without being too pin-point accurate. This simulates the "feel" that a point-shooter would have with a firearm, and traditional ironsights/optics are still required to be used at long distances. Remember that completely removing the crosshair altogether is not fully realistic and puts the player at a disadvantage to the A.I., and other players with crosshairs.

Thanks, this mod implements a good idea.

I don't use the default crosshairs that come with the game. However, I do use crosshair mods, such as the "Minimal Crosshair" mod, that lets you shoot in a "general" direction, without being too pin-point accurate. This simulates the "feel" that a point-shooter would have with a firearm, and traditional ironsights/optics are still required to be used at long distances. Remember that completely removing the crosshair altogether is not fully realistic and puts the player at a disadvantage to the A.I., and other players with crosshairs.

I think the same, and i always use that mod.

Did I miss something?

Where can I find footage of this new crosshair?

Thanks in advance.

*Never used crosshairs since early Armed Assault days, actually got a nice 'feeling' of where to aim since then.

1:15 and on...

I never use the crosshair when I'm playing on our mp server. I feel more into the game when I'm not using it.

We will not use it once Arma comes out.

Will not use them, if I can decide. In A2 and probably in A3 my aiming deadzone is/will be small, enough to aim/point somewhere without turning my whole body.

Personally I like A3 crosshairs more, though I would've been okay with A2 crosshairs a bit widened and that "pin-point accuracy dot" removed.

I'm into realism, so I don't use crosshairs. Minimal interface and hardcore settings is my way of playing.

I don’t use crosshairs in-game, so I voted for number 4. But I don’t mind if players want to use them, its not a problem either way..

Hi, i'd voted Yeah. Because... as im not holding the rifle on my hands and im holding a mouse instead, the crossairs give me a better idea of where im aiming at; i'd never shooted at targets far away than 10m or so with the crossairs, for everything beyond the 10 or 15m... i use the iron sights, so the crossairs is something that (at least on the OFP, ArmA & ArmA2) i don't really use very much because there's no CQB at all and for the CQB... i used the less zommed out iron sights, gave me a better feeling than the crossair.

- The 'A' of this image:

zoom_levels.jpg

The 'A' is the less zoomed view of the IS and gives me a better situational awarenes, the 'B' is the standard zoom and i'd used it for combat; the 'C' is the more zoomed view of the IS and i'd used it to IFF, as i had to be pushing a key all the time in order to keep that zoom level.

Only if the game has the same crosshair as in ARMA II. From what I have seen it is different and that's a shame. So I have no choice but to play with no crosshair.

I want exactly the same crosshair as in Cold War Assault.

I always leave crosshairs on, but I hardly ever use it, i aim with iron sights / optics.

The odd situation when I do use crosshairs is when I stumble on an enemy soldier a few meters away.

If someone doesn't want to use it, thankfuly we have the option to turn it off.

Annoying screen clutter/HUD elements are annoying and it doesn't take that long to figure out where bullets land/hit. As backup option many rifles can be fired on 'auto' - even at close range. Userfriendly mp browser with visible details (icons/text) about current server/gameplay setup should be in A3 from the start. :)

1:15 and on...

Doh! I was there and played with it. Totally ignored the changes in crosshair, hehe.

It's better, still not something I feel the need of using though.

the crossairs give me a better idea of where im aiming at;

No way ! for 15 m targets,you don't really need a crosshair ... maybe some huge crosshair that will be useless at long ranges .

The current crosshair gives no advantage to a sniper against a guy with M16 at 700 m ... actually it makes no difference between a guy who played the game for 2 years and one who bought it yesterday ! in a situation in which the player should have some quick reaction,the guy who got used to play without it ,will have the reflex of shooting at the exact spot without switching to iron sight...

Edited by On_Sabbatical

I voted, depends on how I feel.

I haven't use the crosshair for a long long time, it adds more challenging I guess. Not because I think Im a pro or whatever lol.

I remember one time I asked in a youtube video why you dont turn off the crosshair? and then a troop of fanboys almost raped me, as if I was calling him noob or something, when that was just a question/suggestion to have more fun/challenge inside the game/sim.

Some people say that you dont have the same feeling like in real life when you AIM down the sight, like if you can accurately hit the target in that way, cmon lol. So, years playing this game without the crosshair gives you almost the "same feeling", you know where to AIM down the sight, you get use to it. But of course you are not going to accurately hit a target from 100-200 mts, Im talking about targets from 10-50 mts

I always leave crosshairs on, but I hardly ever use it, i aim with iron sights / optics.

The odd situation when I do use crosshairs is when I stumble on an enemy soldier a few meters away.

If someone doesn't want to use it, thankfuly we have the option to turn it off.

Same for me.

It is? That's good to hear. I haven't seen the new ArmA 3 crosshairs, so I honestly can't speak for them.
As seen in that video link (go
) the Arma 3 crosshairs are basically the Minimal Crosshair mod with a much smaller/tighter arrangement of the lines and they're in white;
's a video of it in use with the E3 alpha build, while the first link is the Gamescom alpha build. (Note re: the crosshair jump: Jay Crowe has discussed it as having been an attempt at a solution to "sights don't show that your bullet is going to fire into your cover instead of past it", but we have no idea what it's been replaced with.)

Funny thing is, anyone remember that "low ready"/"point shooting" idea for long guns? An interesting solution would be for the weapon to be 'raised' continually in the center of the bottom of the screen (yes old-school Doom style) with its muzzle oh-so-conveniently in the general area of the center of the screen. :p

Went with the "Depends on how I feel (Hardcore vs. Casual)"

I like having them and I like not having them at times. Its always good to have options :)

I really liked the style of the crosshairs in Arma 2

I went with the depends how I feel option. I love minimal HUD's in games, not stuff that clutters the screen with wrist monitor read outs and tactical mini maps and junk. I love to be more absorbed by the game, and it helps if I don't have a bunch of floating objects in my face telling me how long it's been since I got a kill or when I'll need ammo or if I'm bored yet.

But the other half of the time, I just couldn't care less.

Yeah, Jeza really needs them. The way he's aiming is quite irritating

Shooting.jpg

Edited by Mr. Charles

To anyone wondering, the Arms 3 cross hair is basically the Minimal Crosshair mod as default, no front sight post.

I don't usually use the crosshair in Arma2, but always thought the system used since OFP allowed to take way too accurate shots even at mid-range. So I guess this is an improvement, as long as they make it so the barrel isn't always centered to the middle of the crosshair.

Edited by dunedain