Sign in to follow this  
freakjoe

Telnet Island

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p610/FelixSmith111/TelnetPicture2_zpsb3c19d1c.png (234 kB)

( I don't know why the picture itself doesn't show up ... )

Hello there.

This is just a little something I've been working on for a week or so that I'd like to share with you guys.

I don't really consider this a release which is why I'm posting it in this section of the forum.

So as the title says the name of my island is "Telnet". It's a small 5x5km map that doesn't really have a real life counterpart. The main part of the island consists of forests and there is a pretty small village in the middle of the map.

The main purpose of this map was to familiarize myself with the tools used for map making for ArmA II before I'd start work on a bigger and more detailed map so I'd appreciate any feedback or constructive criticism.

So I guess that's all there is to say.

Download the island

here.

Thanks in advance for any feedback,

FreakJoe

Edited by FreakJoe

Does it accept ships in seaport 23?

Sorry, but what do you mean by "seaport 23"?

Well @FreakJoe, if this is your first try, which I presume it is, then you should be pleased with yourself. It obviously needs some work, but its good. I like the long hilly roads, naturally bumpy but not silly. I ran around on an ATV and had a good time. In Wales here we have quite a few roads not too dissimilar to yours there.

If you were to expand on the island, I see there is lots of room to do so, I would think you may have to concentrate more on woody areas and how they look and perform fps wise etc.

But overall I like the island and well done for a really good start and thanks for sharing it with us..:)

Well @FreakJoe, if this is your first try, which I presume it is, then you should be pleased with yourself. It obviously needs some work, but its good. I like the long hilly roads, naturally bumpy but not silly. I ran around on an ATV and had a good time. In Wales here we have quite a few roads not too dissimilar to yours there.

If you were to expand on the island, I see there is lots of room to do so, I would think you may have to concentrate more on woody areas and how they look and perform fps wise etc.

But overall I like the island and well done for a really good start and thanks for sharing it with us..:)

Thank you for your feedback :)