Sign in to follow this  
kinorunner

Import SP Missions to Editor?

I know there is a post on the same argument, but the solution shown there does not work with my PC.

So.

I tried to copy the (mission name).pbo from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead" (the main game directory) into "C:\Users\username\Documents\ArmA 2\missions" folder.

But they do not show up in the editor.

Aaaaand that's about all I can think of, considering that the various tools to compress\decompress the .pbo don't work for me. ( a command window pops up briefly and dies away immediately )

Thanks for the help...

PS

Maybe of some interest: I had a few missions made by myself, they were in the editor; recently, for no reason I can foresee, all these missions disappeared from the editor, that is now empty. Any idea?

You can't use a .pbo to edit things in the editor. You need to open the PBO (with ie pboview) and extract all necessary stuff. The absolut minimum you need from it is the mission.sqm for the editor to recognize it (in a folder with a proper ending, such as .chernarus)

hi, you need pboview or any other tool to open the pbo-file,then extract it to documents-arma2-username-missions and then it would show up in the editor.

also when you change your playername it will open a new missionfolder,so mayby you did this,or you tossed them out and forgot?

best bet is to look in your documents folder and see it you can find them back, if not its back to the editing table;)

pboviewer can be found in the BIS-tools!

hope its some help.