Sign in to follow this  
jts_2009

How to extract PBO files from PMC

anybody knows - is there some way to extract files pbo files from PMC ? PboView says - it seems that it isn't arma pbo. UnPbo dont work. cpbo .... something mysterious (well not working)... Someone knows how to extract those files? I need some colorcorrections and effects from it :confused:

As far as I am aware, PMC, BAF and ACR cannot be decrypted, although I have been told the lite versions can...

You can extract the missions (missions_pmc) but you can't open them in the editor, except the first one. You can view all the scripts in the mission folders.

You can't get the colorCorrections though, at least I haven't figured it out. There is usually some colorCorrections stuff in the init files but they are commented out, I guess they are initialized somewhere else, I think they are processed during a PMC function called initMission. What effects in particular do you want?

I think I just used unPBO by Amalfi to open them.

You can extract the missions (missions_pmc) but you can't open them in the editor, except the first one. You can view all the scripts in the mission folders.

You can't get the colorCorrections though, at least I haven't figured it out. There is usually some colorCorrections stuff in the init files but they are commented out, I guess they are initialized somewhere else, I think they are processed during a PMC function called initMission. What effects in particular do you want?

I think I just used unPBO by Amalfi to open them.

I wanted 1 or all of these effects:

1. colorcorrections/effects like in PMC in zargabad missions.

2. Colorcorrections from PMC in first mission on proving grounds

3. colorcorrections like in PMC at night mission (see video)

Yeah, unfortunately those aren't available in the mission files that we can view.

Some missions as I said have some colorCorrections stuff commented out, such as these from the Zargabad mission with the roadblocks and IEDs:

"colorcorrections" ppeffectadjust [1, 1, -0.0042, [0.0, 0.4, 1.0, -0.005*8], [3/3, 3/3, 2/3, 0.5], [3*0.8, -1.0*0.8, -0.85*0.8, 0.0]];
"colorcorrections" ppeffectcommit 0;
"colorcorrections" ppeffectenable true;
"colorinversion" ppeffectadjust [-0.01,0,0];
"colorinversion" ppeffectcommit 0;
"colorinversion" ppeffectenable true;

"colorcorrections" ppeffectadjust [1, 1, -0.0042*0, [0.0, 0.4, 1.0, -0.005*0], [3/3, 3/3, 2/3, 0.42], [3*0.8, -1.0*0.8, -0.85*0.8, 0.0]];
"colorinversion" ppeffectadjust [-0.03,0,0.01];
"colorinversion" ppeffectcommit 0;
"colorinversion" ppeffectenable true;

But those result in really weird colours, I guess they were tests.

With a little trial and error it's easy to make your own - date and time are important as the lightness of the sky changes with the moon / weather.

The excellent ppEffects Viewer by Przemek_kondor:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10163

thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?75528-ppEffect-collection&highlight=colorCorrections

eg:Proving grounds: Date Saturday, June 30th 01:00 - creates a spooky blue tinted night scene as the full moon rises.

setAperture 0.2;
"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust[ 1, 1, 0, [0, 0, 0, 0],[0, 0, 3.6, 0.7],[-0.14, 0.82, 0.68, 0]];

BIS_movie_night is:

"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1, 1.15, 0, [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], [0.5, 0.8, 1, 0.5], [0.199, 0.587, 0.114, 0.0]];

Edited by Mattar_Tharkari