Sign in to follow this  
iceman77

DisableUserInput (but only the keyboard)

When haloing, you can find yourself across the map in a hurry (especially from high altitudes). I have a spawning system for players to spawn inside specific markers. I'm now spawning them via halo, over a random position in the marker(s). The thing is, I need the person haloing, to land somewhere inside of the marker. Or atleast at a reasonable distance. Basically, I don't want players intentionally drifting into an area they haven't captured, upon respawn (exploiting). But they should be able to look around. To do this, I wanted to disable the users input, but only for keys. Because as soon as they spawn (halo) if I use disableuserInput (until a certain height), the person isn't free to look around, as he/she should be to be aware of surroundings.

Any thoughts or help is appreciated.

Edited by Iceman77

The easiest way would be to disableUserInput When a key is pressed and re enable when released. Or Disable on keypressed, spawn a brief sleep, then re-enable.

_handle_KeyDown = (findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["KeyDown","disableUserInput true"];

_handle_KeyUp = (finddisplay 46) displayaddeventhandler ["keyUp","disableUserInput false"];

OR..

_handle_KeyDown = (findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["KeyDown","disableUserInput true; 0.15 spawn {sleep _this;disableUserInput false}"];//This may be the safer approach

np

Just don't forget to remove it when its no longer needed.

_handle_KeyDown = (findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["KeyDown","disableUserInput true; 0.15 spawn {sleep _this;disableUserInput false}"];
["KeyDown",_handle_KeyDown] spawn {
WaitUntil {YOUR_CONDITION};
(findDisplay 46) displayRemoveEventHandler _this;
};