Sign in to follow this  
Timmymachine109

BLUFOR in civilian vehicles

Hey all,

New to this forum and would be really happy if someone could answer my question. I saw in a thread from 2009 that if a BLUFOR player gets into a civilian vehicle OPFOR AI will have a hard time detecting him? Is this true?

If it is I'll be chuffed as I wanted this to happen and was looking of a way to script it in myself!!

Cheers for any answer anyone can give me :)

Timmy

If there is a Civilian driver then OPFOR don't seem to see the BLUFOR passenger.

If you want BLUFOR in as driver and no Civs just use unit setcaptive true

Thanks for the reply...this isn't what I'm really looking to do though.

Basically I'm making an escape mission...there are a lot of civilian vehicles spread throughout the map that the players can use. I've tested killing a driver of the civilian vehicle and getting in and you can get right up to OPFOR AI without them engaging. If you get too close though they kill you.

I think the easiest thing to do would be to create all the vehicles at the start as civilian and then delete all the drivers. I've found one thread on how to do this but I don't understand how the script works as I get an error when using it.

The error states "Type nothing, expected bool"

vehicle status doesnt change, just the player entering them and then the enemy finding out its not one of there own personel then shoot at you. ai responce in arma is not the quickest or sharpest.

Yes I find no difference between getting in an empty Civ Vehicle or a Civ Vehicle where the driver was removed.

Only getting in as passenger made a difference.

This placed in a gamelogic should delete all civ crew from vehicles but it's kind of pointless to me.

null=[] spawn {{if ((getNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> (typeOf _x) >> "side")) == 3) then {{_x leavevehicle vehicle _x; sleep 1; deletevehicle _x} foreach crew _x}} foreach  entities "landvehicle" }

or without using config

{if (side _x == civilian) then {{moveout _x;deletevehicle _x} foreach crew _x}} foreach  entities "landvehicle"

Edited by F2k Sel