Sign in to follow this  
jpr29

help with the mission editor and waypoints

Hey guys, I hope someone can help me with this. So I have made missions with the editor before and have a basic understanding of the editor and waypoints and things but I have a very specific thing I want to do in this mission. So there is a part where me and my team of spec ops have to do a joint operation with the cdf and take down a warlord, the cdf group is waiting a couple hundred yards to the south of the compound where the target is and I have a waypoint set for them to attack, but I want that waypoint to be triggered when I signal it. I was thinking I could do it with radio or something but I don't know how to set it up. Thank you in advance, also I was wondering if there was a way to put checkpoints in missions. Replies would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi jpr29, Welcome to BIS forums!

To answer your question you can do a couple of things:

1. Create a trigger and set it for blufor present, and then sync (f5) the trigger to the waypoint of the CDF squad, the idea here is when you enter

this trigger area then you will trigger the CDF group to move and follow their designated waypoint.

2. The other idea is to create a radio trigger where you create a trigger (f3) name it whatever you want in the text box, and then set the activation for Alpha,

or any of the other signs, Bravo ect,. then again same as above sync the radio trigger to the waypoint in front of the CDF squad.

When ingame you will go to your map and see a radio at the bottom right of the screen, double click on it to bring it up, and when

your ready click on the text you put in the trigger.

To make this interesting, you can add a message (hint) in the on act part of the trigger, something like this:

hint "This is Alpha 1, Bravo move into position and attack!";

so what will happen is once you click on the name in the radio the message above will appear at the top right of your screen.

=================

As for checkpoints, I'm not entirely sure what you want to accomplish with a checkpoint.

Hope that helps.

There is a whole section of the forum devoted to editing.

Mysteriously it does not fall under "Arma 2 - Operation Arrowhead / Editing". Seek and ye shall find.

There is a whole section of the forum devoted to editing.

Mysteriously it does not fall under "Arma 2 - Operation Arrowhead / Editing". Seek and ye shall find.

Oh sorry, haha this is my first post and I needed a quick answer. I'll look for specific areas next time.

---------- Post added at 10:49 ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 ----------

Thank you so much. And by checkpoints I meant, this is a long mission and I want to figure out how to save it at certain points so that if the team dies we don't have to restart.

---------- Post added at 11:01 ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 ----------

Ok, so I tried doing the radio trigger because I would prefer that. I tested it out but it appears the CDF begin the attack even without the radio signal.

Thank you so much. And by checkpoints I meant, this is a long mission and I want to figure out how to save it at certain

points so that if the team dies we don't have to restart.

If the mission is SP hit esc and save, but I wouldn't know how to create a save point, probably done through a trigger, and a command.

Ok, so I tried doing the radio trigger because I would prefer that. I tested it out but it appears the CDF begin the attack even without the radio signal.

You have to sync the radio trigger to the CDF's first Waypoint, or they will move regardless of the trigger.

The way you sync something is first make sure your on synchronization (F5), then hold down your left mouse button on the radio trigger,

and then drag a line to the waypoint of the CDF group.

Then release and you should have a line linked between radio and waypoint.

Also note that on the radio trigger that the size of the trigger can be 0 or 1 for each of the axis a and b.

===========

Section joe98 was referring to is this section:

ARMA 2 & OA : MISSIONS - Editing & Scripting

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?93-ARMA-2-amp-OA-MISSIONS-Editing-amp-Scripting

========

If you ever have any questions about editing, or missions, scripts, mods then you can pm me, I work some times helping members from the community

figure things out via pm, or through steam, or on ventrilo, I just recently helped a guy get his gameserver setup, and answer any questions i can to

various editing questions, anyways if you need help I'm here everyday.

Yes synchronized it correctly, saved, relaunched, and they still go.

---------- Post added at 17:59 ---------- Previous post was at 16:51 ----------

I think something may be wrong with my synchronization tool because I tried simply synchronizing waypoints and there was no change.

Can you send me the mission, I can look at it for you?

Just go to the editor and go to save, hit export to Sp, and then go into your Arma2 directory in the missions folder you should find the

title of your mission, take that file (pbo) and put it into a zip file and then host it somewhere, post the link.

Oh sorry, haha this is my first post and I needed a quick answer.

The quickest answer you usually get there where the people with the required knowledge are lurking around. Now guess where mission editing peeps usually browse around?

§8) Post in the right forum & right thread

Please ensure you make new threads in the correct forum, if you're unsure of which forum to post in feel free to ask a moderator. If a thread exists for the topic you wish to post about you must use it, for example all ACE questions belong in the ACE thread. All addon/mod questions belong in the thread for that addon/mod. In the case of DayZ discussions they should be posted on the DayZ forums, this includes problems with the Modification. The troubleshooting forum is not for problems with Addons and Mods!

This is a friendly reminder to the forum rules.