Sign in to follow this  
JetlinerX

ArmA Physical Fights

Hey all-

Not EXACTLY sure where this should be, but I think this is the closest. If this is wrong, please MOVE the topic to the right area.

My question is, does anyone know how to make a realistic looking tackle scene? I dont know if there is a tackle animation, and I have yet to find it, but if there is, what is it?

ORRR, is there something that looks like a tackle, and something that looks like the effects of a tackle? Pretty much, I need a tackle, and an handcuff scene for a new video. Possible?

Or, how would you lovely people fake a tackle. It's gonna be recorded, so the film magic of camera placement can be worked with if the animations are "close enough."

Thanks all!

You could do a setvelocity that throws the player at the targeted player. You can also do a switchmove that changes the player to a prone position. IMO that would look close to a tackle.

When the player's distance to the target is < 1 then make the target go prone too.

use this to find the proper animations.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6056&highlight=ANIMATION%2BVIEWER

there are the following animations that i know of that would maybe do what you need:

- punch left fist

- punch right fist

- hit with rifle stock

- getting hit by punch

- tripping and falling (works good if you have the unit running before, he will fall on the belly)

i would use the rifle stock hit for the aggressor and the trip animation for the victim. after the trip you should switch to normal prone as transition to the cuff animation.

but looking through the list will give you a better idea of what is there and what you would prefer.

Yeah, I have that, and have been looking through it, but your suggestions gave me a whole new idea! :D

Thanks a million!