Sign in to follow this  
kuunmies

How to enable saving for multiplayer game

I tried to search around for a solution but didn't come by any. Me and my friends are playing warfare Benny's edition in tunngle network. I'm running dedicated server and playing the game in the same machine. Noob as I am I didn't have too much understanding for server.cfg and other files so I start the server with TA2DST and join my newly created server with admin password to be able to edit parameters. Everything else is fine except the save function that was working in vanilla version of the warfare missions. We usually don't play more than couple of hours and would like to continue playing where we left the last time. Now I'd need some advice how to get it working with Benny's edition, or if it's even possible? Persistent warfare isn't maybe the best option because I really have to shutdown my computer once in a while and so run down the server.

Should this post be moved to multiplayer section?

Edited by Kuunmies
added some info...

Where should that line go? server.cfg? I'm noob :D Can I insert it somewhere in the TA2DST... I prefer to use it if possible.

Edited by Kuunmies

Isn't this for SP only? I mean is there a working/reliable savegame system for multiplayer games at all?

Ok, so the saving in vanilla missions worked only because i wasn't running ded server but hosting and playing in the "same" game? I would host and play but seems that missions deplete processing power in 1-2 hours and ai starts going nuts. I read in some other post that running ded server and playing even in the same machine helps alot if you're using at least quad core(I have 2500k@4.3ghz).

I looked into that mysql stuff but that seemed outta my league :D

Seems like it's time to kick my own butt and start learning something new here.

Edited by Kuunmies