Sign in to follow this  
gc8

More sides and relations

hi

is it possible have more sides than west,east and resistance?

i would like to have at least couple more and also use setfriend to alter relations from friendly to hostile but this seems to be only working when called at mission start?

thx

I am not sure but I am guessing this thread needs to go in the addon/config forums since it seems to be a configuration question.

Negative. There are only 5 sides: east, west, res, civvie, and game logic. Can't change these. All you can do is add more factions.

Abs

how do you add more factions? its probably not something that has anything to do with who the ai attacks.

It might be possible by assigning units to an array which will represent the sides. Then make each array of units doFire at members of an opposing array if they are in sight.

Just a thought.

i think that would make their rating go down (if west is shooting west) and then they will become Enemy side.

and then everyone would be shooting each other... there's no way of controlling it.

there are only the 5 sides that abs noted. u can make as many factions as u want thru a custom config but they still have to have 1 of those sides assigned to them.

yes but faction is just a tag , it doesn't "do" anything right.