Sign in to follow this  
EBass

Sense casualty % on spawned units

Hi there, I'm doing an I44 mission where you take an objective which triggers a counter attack, the counter attack spawns multiple groups with this script.

Esec1= Creategroup EAST;

_Unit1= Esec1 createUnit ["I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_NCO_MP43",[(getMarkerPos "Es1") select 0,(getMarkerPos "Es1") select 1,0],[],0,"FORM"];

for [{_i = 0}, {_i <= 4}, {_i = _i + 1}] do

{

_Unit2= Esec1 createUnit ["I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_K98k",[(getMarkerPos "Es1") select 0,(getMarkerPos "Es1") select 1,0],[],0,"FORM"];

};

_Unit3= Esec1 createUnit ["I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_K98k_GGrGer",[(getMarkerPos "Es1") select 0,(getMarkerPos "Es1") select 1,0],[],0,"FORM"];

_Unit4= Esec1 createUnit ["I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_K98k_PzF60",[(getMarkerPos "Es1") select 0,(getMarkerPos "Es1") select 1,0],[],0,"FORM"];

_Unit5= Esec1 createUnit ["I44_Man_G_WH_Camo_MP40",[(getMarkerPos "Es1") select 0,(getMarkerPos "Es1") select 1,0],[],0,"FORM"];

_unit3 setunitrank "CORPORAL";

_unit1 setunitrank "SERGEANT";

_unit1=leader Esec1;

Esec2= Creategroup EAST;

etc

and two tanks with this script.

tank1 = "I44_Tank_G_PzKpfwIV_G_WH" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "as1");

_tank2 = "I44_Tank_G_PzKpfwIV_G_WH" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "as2");

sleep 1;

Acrew1= Creategroup EAST;

_Unit1= Acrew1 createUnit ["I44_Man_G_WH_Crew_MP40",[(getMarkerPos "AsC1") select 0,(getMarkerPos "AsC1") select 1,0],[],0,"FORM"];

_Unit2= Acrew1 createUnit ["I44_Man_G_WH_Crew_P38",[(getMarkerPos "AsC1") select 0,(getMarkerPos "AsC1") select 1,0],[],0,"FORM"];

_Unit3= Acrew1 createUnit ["I44_Man_G_WH_Crew_P38",[(getMarkerPos "AsC1") select 0,(getMarkerPos "AsC1") select 1,0],[],0,"FORM"];

Acrew2= Creategroup EAST;

_Unit4= Acrew2 createUnit ["I44_Man_G_WH_Crew_MP40",[(getMarkerPos "AsC2") select 0,(getMarkerPos "AsC2") select 1,0],[],0,"FORM"];

_Unit5= Acrew2 createUnit ["I44_Man_G_WH_Crew_P38",[(getMarkerPos "AsC2") select 0,(getMarkerPos "AsC2") select 1,0],[],0,"FORM"];

_Unit6= Acrew2 createUnit ["I44_Man_G_WH_Crew_P38",[(getMarkerPos "AsC2") select 0,(getMarkerPos "AsC2") select 1,0],[],0,"FORM"];

sleep 1;

_Unit1 assignAsCommander _tank1;

[_Unit1] orderGetIn true;

_Unit2 assignAsGunner _tank1;

[_Unit2] orderGetIn true;

_Unit3 assignAsDriver _tank1;

[_Unit3] orderGetIn true;

Basically I want the counter-attack to "fail" when this force takes about say 70% casualties and both tanks are decrewed/destroyed. Any way I can do this? Thanks.

_myGroups = [group1,group2...];
_myUnits = [];
_myTanks = [tank1,tank2...];

{_myUnits = _myUnits + units _x;} foreach _myGroups;

_unitsCount = count _myUnits;
_unitsCountCasualties = _unitsCount * 0.3;

Condition:

({alive _x && !fleeing _x} count _myUnits < _unitsCountCasualties) && {!canMove _x OR !canFire _x} count _myTanks == 2 

Edited by 2nd Ranger

_myGroups = [group1,group2...];
_myUnits = [];
_myTanks = [tank1,tank2...];

{_myUnits = _myUnits + units _x;} foreach _myGroups;

_unitsCount = count _myUnits;
_unitsCountCasualties = _unitsCount * 0.3;

Condition:

({alive _x && !fleeing _x} count _myUnits < _unitsCountCasualties) && {canMove _x OR canFire _x} count _myTanks == 0 

So its the first in a script and the second as a condition in a trigger? I'll try it out, thanks!

No, you'd be better putting them at the end of your spawn script and putting a waitUntil on the condition, then setting any variables you might need. Like this.

waituntil {sleep 0.1; ({alive _x && !fleeing _x} count _myUnits < _unitsCountCasualties) && {!canMove _x OR !canFire _x} count _myTanks == 2};
hint "70% casualties!";
enemyDefeated = true;

EDIT: changed the tank damage check.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

No, you'd be better putting them at the end of your spawn script and putting a waitUntil on the condition, then setting any variables you might need. Like this.

waituntil {sleep 0.1; ({alive _x && !fleeing _x} count _myUnits < _unitsCountCasualties) && {!canMove _x OR !canFire _x} count _myTanks == 2};
hint "70% casualties!";
enemyDefeated = true;

EDIT: changed the tank damage check.

Thanks mate, that seems to work like a charm, although the tank damage script seems to fire a little early. It seems to fire if they take a significant hit even if they are still active. But it works. Any idea how I can make them all retreat and then delete any unit after it retreats? I'm guessing I'd have to delete each groups waypoint and set a new one "running away"

Look at copyWaypoints. Put down a single unit with a waypoint to where you want the groups to run to. In his init line, give him a group name and deleteVehicle this. Now at any time you can use copyWaypoints to cancel a group's waypoints and make them follow that one.

As for the tanks, if you want them completely destroyed then just change the check to !alive. But generally when a tank can't move or fire then the crew abandons it and it is no longer a threat.