Sign in to follow this  
FinCommando

AI Reactions to silenced weapons.

Hello, I've been making stealth like ArmA II mission, and of course the player uses silenced weapons. I still have a problem, if I shoot an enemy with silenced pistol, all the other enemy units will start wandering for hostile. The unit I shot, in not in vision of other units, and it is kind of far away from others too. Those units are not grouped btw! I'd like to get some help for this issue soon. Maybe some script or something.

Thanks!

unit disableAI "autotarget"

This will stop the AI looking around too much, they will still shoot you if they see you.

I'd also place an eventhadler on the shooter/player to check the weapon and if your not firing A silenced weapon enable "autotarget" for AI in the area.

unit disableAI "autotarget"

This will stop the AI looking around too much, they will still shoot you if they see you.

I'd also place an eventhadler on the shooter/player to check the weapon and if your not firing A silenced weapon enable "autotarget" for AI in the area.

Hey thanks! That's just what I needed. AI will not start wandering for hostile anymore. Tho they're not even trying to find me no matter of that I shoot them with non-silenced weapon. But I can fix that by making a trigger, that makes AI autotarget enabled when player has been detected.

How far away is the unit spotting you in meters?

Remember - silenced weapons exist only in Hollywood movies.

In real life they are 'suppressed' and even a pistol can be heard for dozens of meters in the open.

I found the reaction isn't to the weapon but to the unit killed.

I can fire a silenced weapon and as long as I don't shoot anyone they don't react.Kill someone and it adds 1.5 to their knowsabout value.

At 1.5 they become alert and will look around.