Sign in to follow this  
Tuliq

Get Weapon Used by Killer

Is it possible to determine the weapon a player used to kill another unit with? Need this for a simple killticker I am creating. Have been experimenting by using currentWeapon, and works like a charm, but in the event of a player using a timed or remotely detonated weapon like a grenade or satchel charge, this would not work. Are there any commands that can give me the exact weapon used in a kill?

Scratch what I said, won't work.

Edited by Horner
Won't work.

You could try to detect what weapon the killer used in the last few seconds before the player died.

In pseudocode:

1. when killer throws grenade, start some script that catches any kill up to several seconds after it. Not sure how to do it

Yeah, I was thinking something along those two points myself. Will give it a shot. Ultimately it would be easier if the MPKilled eventhandler also passed the weapon type, but one can dream... anyway, thanks! :)

...it would be easier if the MPKilled eventhandler also passed the weapon type...

It passes the killer though. So maybe something like:

_Weapon = CurrentWeapon _This Select 1;
Player SideChat Format ["%1", _Weapon];

Or

_Weapon = PrimaryWeapon _This Select 1;
Player SideChat Format ["%1", _Weapon];

Edited by Iceman77

Yes I am using the currentWeapon method right now, which works, but is not reliable for the specific cases mentioned in the OP. I will experiment using the handledamage EH.