Sign in to follow this  
halfwaycroox

Failed to start game with shared content

Friend recently gifted me Arma 2, and for some reason the installation is kinda screwy. Whenever I try to start it, it says this:

Failed to start game with shared content: Please update these games first:

Arma 2

I deleted local game content, and when I reinstall, it says the game is only 10 MB, and it just installs immediately and nothing is fixed. I've searched around, but nobody else seems to have this problem. What should I do? I also had issues trying to start OA, where it gave me the bad serial number given in setup.

---------- Post added at 01:59 ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 ----------

So, it appears that I may have found the issue. Before my friend gifted me the game, he let me log into his steam account to download it to see if it would run on my computer. However, about halfway through the download, my computer shut off and the download stopped. Now, when I try to check the CD key on my steam account, it doesn't show up. In regedit, the key just comes up as four zeroes, however when I check on his account it's just a normal key. I'm thinking that me being on his account messed it up so that it doesn't work on mine. If this is the case, any ideas on how I would fix it?

So, you DLded the game from a friend Steam account, which isn't permitted, then someone "gave" you the game ? That's quite doubful, isn't it ?

So, you DLded the game from a friend Steam account, which isn't permitted, then someone "gave" you the game ? That's quite doubful, isn't it ?

My computer's not very good. He wanted to let me download it on his account to see if it could run before he bought it for me. But that never ended up finishing, so he just bought it for me anyway.