Sign in to follow this  
Vladimirtelinov

Trigger, and sync problem.

Basically, I have a building, called Tower1, this is a radio tower, side mission I have for a mission I am making. Now, I have a MI-24D Hind, off map, waiting to fly to a specific location if Tower1 has not been destroyed when BLUFOR enter the trigger area.

The problem I have is, I have the trigger set, activation BLUFOR, Present. Now I have the trigger synced to the secondary waypoint as to where the MI-24D is to fly to. However no matter what, the helicopter flies to the waypoint, no matter if there is BLUFOR in the trigger area or not. Or if the tower is destroyed or not. I basically want the chopper to stay landed, until BLUFOR units enter the trigger area, if the radiotower is not destroy, I want the MI-24D to fly to the city and engage BLUFOR. If the tower is destroyed, it will not fly to the city when BLUFOR enter the trigger area. I've searched the website for this problem, and asked many friends, and can't figure out why it is not working, or what I need to do. Can someone help me please?

Edited by Vladimirtelinov

Try placing a trigger over the building and group the trigger to the house

Place a second trigger over the are you want to check for BLUFOR and set it to BLUFOR present, and also set both to repeating.

Place the helis fist waypoint very close to the chopper and the other where you want it to fly to.

finally synch both triggers to the first waypoint and that should do it if I under stand correctly.

For the chopper to fly in Blufor should be in the trigger area while building not destroyed.

If you plan on using a hold waypoint set trigger type to Switch, otherwise it won't trigger the 2nd WP correctly.

This does not work, I grouped the first trigger with !alive tower1 to the building it's self, I made a second trigger activate, on BLUFOR present using the !alive tower1 condition as well. Set both to repeat, synced both to the choppers very first waypoint. And the chopper does not start up, when BLUFOR enter the area, nor does it move or anything to this affect. Am I using the !alive command incorrectly here?

I didn't use the alive command as it wasn't needed.

I tried doing so without the !alive command, and it still did not start up the engine, and fly to the location.

This is so frustrating, either it won't start up, when BLUFOR enter the trigger area, or it will start up and fly to the area, no matter if BLUFOR are in the trigger area or not. What am I doing wrong here?

Edited by Vladimirtelinov

Thank you so much for taking the time to make the demo, I made a grave error, when I removed the !alive command, as I forgot to re-add this. And that was what my problem is, it works like a charm now, I appreciate your help F2k, thank you very much.

Edit, I take that back lulz, so I set an empty warfare building up, and than blew it up, while the building it's self blew up, when I sent BLUFOR into the area, the trigger area, the chopper still blew startedup, what else do I need to do? Delete the other trigger somehow, once that building is blown up?