Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Globally banned by BattlEye? See this

Please note: Global bans are handled by BattlEye - and only BattlEye. There is nothing we can do here to solve the problem. You must contact BattlEye Support if you think you're ban is a false positive. If you know that you have cheated, then stop reading and refrain from bothering BattlEye. They won't help in this case and all your excuses are long time known.

If you claim that your key has been stolen: This is entirely your own fault. It is not possible to steal your key from within the game. If your your key is stolen then you installed some malicious piece of software which actually is a hacking tool that steals your key by reading it from the registry. There are quite a few fake programs out there doing this, and they can have as well called "framerate boosters" etc. - Do not run any software that was recommended to you or you found on the internet and from which you don't know what it does! Stop using your computer with administrator rights! You are responsible for what happens on your computer, and this is not limited to ArmA/DayZ but in general. The next "tool" maybe steals your bank account logins or credit card data.

If you claim that you are globally banned for joining a hacked server: This is simply impossible, if you have a legit game copy and don't run/use any "tools" then you won't get globally banned by BattlEye. Thus a blatant lie, and liars are not welcome here either.

If you're a hacker/cheater hit by BattlEye for ruining other people's game: Go away and don't even bother to complain about you being banned by BattlEye. Known hacker/cheater are permanently banned from this community as well.

All threads created about your global ban here will be removed without further notification!

Edited by Placebo

Couldn't have said that any better. Everyday I see countless threads about getting global banned, and 100% of the time, somehow it's never their own fault... :rolleyes:

I haven't played online since the ofp days and i was always on it. But now I'm fed up and sick of these hackers, cheaters & wingers. I mainly play offline now which is a shame because I love the BI series of games some of which i have multiple copies, even my kids have a copy. ;)

ER.....i think i'd better point out when i say "copy" i don't mean a copy of an original. Doh! :eek:

Couldn't have said that any better. Everyday I see countless threads about getting global banned, and 100% of the time, somehow it's never their own fault... :rolleyes:

Look, I am a 50 year old Mom of two that has been playing DayZ with her sons for about 6-7 months. I have never hacked or even downloaded a hack. This morning I got a global ban #e7e736 while I was running through an open field. BATTLEEYE MAKES MISTAKES. While I am sure there are hackers that complain when they get caught, there are people who have been unfairly banned.

Look, I am a 50 year old Mom of two that has been playing DayZ with her sons for about 6-7 months. I have never hacked or even downloaded a hack. This morning I got a global ban #e7e736 while I was running through an open field. BATTLEEYE MAKES MISTAKES. While I am sure there are hackers that complain when they get caught, there are people who have been unfairly banned.

This made me laugh... Everything in your post makes it to look like a troll. For example, you're referring to yourself by using the pronoun "her sons". Who would refer to himself (or herself) in a sentence by using 3rd person pronoun? :rolleyes:

Edited by Ezcoo
fail

This made me laugh... Everything in your post makes it to look like a troll. For example, you're referring to yourself by using the pronoun "her sons". Who would refer to himself (or herself) in a sentence by using 3rd person pronoun? :rolleyes:

I can only assume you are trying to troll me with the above nonsense.

WN

It's not uncommon for people who use English as their first language to use "her sons" when talking about themselves to a discrete audience. Even more so for a poster of 50 years of age. I suggest that the use of language in a slightly unusual way makes the poster look untrollish.

It's not uncommon for people who use English as their first language to use "her sons" when talking about themselves to a discrete audience. Even more so for a poster of 50 years of age. I suggest that the use of language in a slightly unusual way makes the poster look untrollish.

I see, I was wrong. Sorry for that :o The post still looks like troll though.

Not to me. Anyway, back at the topic, wrongnumber should contact Battleye and report this. This seems like a false positive - such things do exist.

If you claim that your key has been stolen: This is entirely your own fault. It is not possible to steal your key from within the game. If your your key is stolen then you installed some malicious piece of software which actually is a hacking tool that steals your key by reading it from the registry. There are quite a few fake programs out there doing this, and they can have as well called "framerate boosters" etc. - Do not run any software that was recommended to you or you found on the internet and from which you don't know what it does! Stop using your computer with administrator rights! You are responsible for what happens on your computer, and this is not limited to ArmA/DayZ but in general. The next "tool" maybe steals your bank account logins or credit card data.

Whilst i agree in part with your statement, i can not, from a legal point of view agree with the above statement and therefore am just giving you a friendly heads up. The reason why i do not agree is simple, a victim of theft is not responsible for the theft, whether it be theft of software, documents, personal details, or CD/software license keys from the victims computer or theft of their bike from their garage. In the majority of cases, malicious software are downloaded and installed in the background without the computer users/owners consent or knowledge. It is the creators and person(s) that distribute said software that are responsible in law, not the LOYAL game fan. The law is very clear on this matter in the UK and in the EU to i believe. As the computer owner/user is only responsible if they consented to it and knew what the software would do, which clearly is not the case as no one would install such malicious programs knowing it would put their own personal details at risk and themselves at risk of being defrauded.

I would from a legal point of view, remove said statement. As such statement is wrong in law, as you would have to prove the computer user/owner knew about the malicious software being on their computer and that they had consented to it. As such, said statement could leave BIS open to legal challenges, which neither I or anyone else would like to see. I would also advise that prior to making such statements in future that you seek legal advice and clarification first before publishing it on the forum - Especially as your representative of BIS, and said statement could leave BIS in an expensive legal dispute.

Yes you could argue they are responsible for not having adequate security software such as antivirus, anti-malware/spyware for firewall software, but truth is you would have to prove that too, and we all know that security software is always one step behind the creators of the malicious software. Therefore no matter how much security a computer has installed, it is never 100% secure. Which is why such argument would fail in court.

You also have the issue of other users using peoples computers, a Judge in a recent court ruling in the UK made it clear the computer owner was not responsible for the actions of others that used their computer or internet connection, unless they consented to the user specific actions as well and therefore knew what they were doing on the computer. So you would then, should the computer owner be the owner of the game, also have to prove the person (other than the computers owner) that was using the computer at the time the malicious software was downloaded, downloaded it knowingly and, more importantly, with the consent of the computers owner. You also have the issue of the game owner playing the game on another persons computer, and did so knowing said malicious software was on the other persons computer prior to installing the game. Which you would also have to prove.

Basically you would have an impossible task of proving the computer/game owner was legally responsible! Leaving yourselves stuck in the wide open, in the middle of a legal mine field.

So my advise as stated above, would be to remove said statement, as it only takes one player that feels wronged by your statement and was wrongly banned for cheating when they did not, just because someone used malicious software, without their knowledge, to steal their CD key, which is a criminal offense, to take legal action.

Now before people castrate me for posting my advise, i'd like to point out, that i am a loyal Arma fan and my legal advise here is purely meant in the best interest of BIS, as none of us would like to see such a small incorrect statement cost BIS dearly. Also i am not questioning the moderation or moderators actions either, i am simply advising them as a friendly warning from a loyal fan.

BATTLEEYE MAKES MISTAKES. While I am sure there are hackers that complain when they get caught, there are people who have been unfairly banned.

Quite possible, but either way they still need to take it up with BattlEye directly.

Posting a sob story on the forums is not going to get anyone unbanned. End of story. We simply don't have the power to do that here, nor can we verify that the story is even true in the first place.

Quite possible, but either way they still need to take it up with BattlEye directly.

Posting a sob story on the forums is not going to get anyone unbanned. End of story. We simply don't have the power to do that here, nor can we verify that the story is even true in the first place.

I have contacted BattlEye thanks to the people here who directed me there. Sorry if my "sob story" was bothersome to you. I simply enjoy the game and play it almost daily with my sons one of which who is away at college. It's been kind of a cool way to spend time together and it's upsetting to have this happen when I legitimately purchased the game and did nothing wrong.

WN

Whilst i agree in part with your statement, i can not, from a legal point of view agree with the above statement and therefore am just giving you a friendly heads up. The reason why i do not agree is simple, a victim of theft is not responsible for the theft, whether it be theft of software, documents, personal details, or CD/software license keys from the victims computer or theft of their bike from their garage. In the majority of cases, malicious software are downloaded and installed in the background without the computer users/owners consent or knowledge. It is the creators and person(s) that distribute said software that are responsible in law, not the LOYAL game fan.

That really isn't how the law works, there are people on this forum who have been playing BIS games for more than 10 years and have never had a key stolen, it has to be something you either downloaded or allowed to be installed. In real life, if you leave your front door unlocked or invite a thief into your home the insurance company holds you responsible and will not pay, same thing here.

I would from a legal point of view, remove said statement. As such statement is wrong in law, as you would have to prove the computer user/owner knew about the malicious software being on their computer and that they had consented to it. As such, said statement could leave BIS open to legal challenges, which neither I or anyone else would like to see. I would also advise that prior to making such statements in future that you seek legal advice and clarification first before publishing it on the forum - Especially as your representative of BIS, and said statement could leave BIS in an expensive legal dispute.

Considering that 99.9999999999% of the CD Key stealer apps are hidden in the following:

DayZ/Arma cheats

DayZ/Arma cracks

SP mods of DayZ (such mods being against what is allowed)

Island mods of DayZ (such mods being against what is allowed)

Private Hive Mods of DayZ (such mods being against what is allowed)

I wish them luck proving anyone other than themselves is at fault for the situation, and considering using such programs is certainly contrary to the TOS again they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Island mods of DayZ (such mods being against what is allowed)

So you're saying DayZ Namalsk and all the other mods are unofficial / not supported? I always had this thought that they're official.

Namalsk is (apparently), I'm talking more about Lingor which had many well known CD Key stealer versions released. However when you download any mod you run the risk of it being something it shouldn't be and the onus is on the consumer to protect themselves, if I download and install a Windows app from someone other than Microsoft I'm not going to turn around and sue Microsoft if said app has problems...

wow now , never heard island mods actually could harm. Good to know, better later then never. :)

Well the ArmA2 terrains surely come not with such "apps", what Placebo is talking about are these DayZ packages which are coming as executables so they are can be installed without performing such difficult tasks as creating 2 folders and copy a few files into them. Unfortunately the terrain sometimes is not the only thing that gets installed...

However I always find it suspicious if an addon comes as executable, even if in 99% it's just a self-extracting 7z or rar archive.

ah, thats what ya mean :), well i do trust to six updater actually, i hope there are not thus "apps" inside. At least i do still have my key after playing dayz namalsk. :D

Couldn't also a modified addon with a call to a RVExtension dll used to compromise your CD key?

I would love to see ban appeal diagram before and after DayZ from BattlEye.

I would love to see ban appeal diagram before and after DayZ from BattlEye.

Global bans were introduced after the DayZ mod was released. ;)

Global bans were introduced after the DayZ mod was released. ;)

Really? BE just kicked players before?

Really? BE just kicked players before?

Ehh no. Normal BE GUID bans (non-global, i.e. per server) have been around for much longer. Not every BE ban is a global ban, but this topic is just about global bans.