Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Globally banned by BattlEye? See this

I have the same problem, have a game off the steam - it worked preety well till now. Banned on any server i'll choose.

Look, I am a 50 year old Mom of two that has been playing DayZ with her sons for about 6-7 months. I have never hacked or even downloaded a hack. This morning I got a global ban #e7e736 while I was running through an open field. BATTLEEYE MAKES MISTAKES. While I am sure there are hackers that complain when they get caught, there are people who have been unfairly banned.

thank u! i have been trying to get unbanned for a very long because one day i went to get on dayz and the message. You are exactly right battleye does make mistakes

So you were playing vanilla dayz and got banned out of the blue? You weren't using "tools", or using a modded version?

There's really no need to discuss BattlEye bans here when it clearly says "CONTACT BATTLEYE SUPPORT".

I also feel for Wrong Number as I have the same issue ( except I am 42 )

I started playing with my Son on Dayz, which encouraged me to pick up Arma again after a while away. Both played together on two PC's I have set up together. One night we went to get on and play on our regular server and he couldn't join as it said his account was Global banned. We had both been playing 2 weeks or less. Both identical mods installed ( all installed through Play withSIX ) both steam accounts has been run on both PC's. He hadn't been kicked from a server prior to the Global Ban, just informed him the first time he joined that night.

He initially contacted BE and had some response albeit very slow and not really anything that sounded helpful. Almost its your fault from the off. They did finally however offer to check the ban against our IP address which sounded fair enough. But he got the following reply back:

"Hi,

it was indeed you that used a hack.

Regards,

Bastian Suter"

Not the most professional of responses!

I have since contacted BE and sent several emails all of which seem to fall on deaf ears. Not even a thxs but go away.

I understand what BE are trying to do, there is nothing worse in MP than a hacker. It ruins every ones games. But is it fair to just global ban everyone regardless? With no real sense of being able to appeal or feel like you are being listened to. For all I know BE is the one stealing the Keys? After all I paid a fair hard earned £25.00 for two weeks of gaming and am non the wiser how or why this account was banned as BE are not willing to work with me. Surely tryign to make us wiser to the unknown will help us prevent the abuse that seems to be going on, not all of us are any more than simple end users with little real PC knowledge.

I have been playing MP since the Delta Force days, have played Op Flashpoint and all the Arma series,my PC's are kept uptodate and full AV. I only download from what I perceive to be reliable sources and don't intentionally install or download anything untoward. And yet I have an account banned and only my ARMA 2 one at that ( all my other steam games are ok? ). Also when searching online if you type in Global Ban into google it does seem to be Dayz players who seem to be suffering. Maybe BE need to have an ammnesty and try and figure out what is going on?

I am sorry to post this here, I just feel for others out there and Wrong Number. If I could get a just response ( or even just a response ) from BE I wouldn't have to. It just seems accepted that if you get a global ban and you are either a nasty hacker or an idiot. At the end of the day it is only a game ( that cost me £25.00 ;) ) and I don't see users who unwittingly download viruses being banned from the internet because their AV found it on there system and said its your fault so there!!

And of course you have monitored your sons activity 24/7 and thus can guarantee that he hasn't tried to hack or cheat while being alone to get a little "advantage"? Or that one of his friends recommended him some "whatever called tool" and he was running it?

What answer you expect from BattlEye actually? Details like when that playerID hacked/cheated, at which time, with which IP and on what server?

Such details are most probably not even logged at all.

Also when searching online if you type in Global Ban into google it does seem to be Dayz players who seem to be suffering.

That's true though, since DayZ appeared the number of cheaters and hackers exploded because obviously certain people can't stand it when someone has better gear then those who just started and then they are trying to seek for "solutions"...

"What answer you expect from BattlEye actually? Details like when that playerID hacked/cheated, at which time, with which IP and on what server?

Such details are most probably not even logged at all."

If those details are not logged - then on what basis can they be handing out bans at all? Any evidence to prove any wrongdoing beyond reasonable doubt? Or simply heresay?

For example - ATM/Cash machine fraud - if you tell your bank someone cloned your card, emptied your account and left you penniless - you would have recourse by being able to prove that you were at a completely different location, time etc of the alleged offence.

If they look at their logs, they can tell pretty much exactly what went on - and deal with the situation appropriately.

Log everything! ;)

Edited by Harbinger

I´m pretty sure they log everything...

But it would hardly be prudent to provide such information to people for obvious reasons, the more people know about what BE monitors, how it monitors it, the more that information could be used to try to circumvent BE in the future. TBH I see no point in leaving this as an open discussion thread, there's nothing to discuss, W0lle's opening post shares the pertinent information, the only other advice I will give is if you need help on a technical support front to recover your lost CD Key etc then the proper procedure is to open a support ticket by sending an email to Support@bistudio.com