Sign in to follow this  
Obsicarius

Arma 2 And OA refuse to run together lots of errors. Trying to play wasteland

I'm trying to play wasteland, i have been playing Dayz for weeks, (please note getting that to originally worked was extremely difficult but it magically decided to work one day.) Any way wasteland wouldn't work when i tried to play it for the first time yesterday, so i tried completely removing Arma 2 and OA. My main problem i assume is that i bought Arma 2 from Amazon, and Operation Arrowhead from steam. So i just removed Arma 2 again because it refused to run by itself (Failed Serial number or somethign along those lines), after i already started it up a couple of times just fine. Im going to install it again, but where should i install it to? and would it matter? please note it is NOT bought through steam, but OA is.

The issues ive been getting are:

a10.pbo, aircraft.pbo etc... wrong signature errors

you cannot play/ edit this mission a.Chernarus a.weapons etc... has been removed errors

It also doesnt have the Arma 2 symbol in the bottom left when i start it up, but it pops up in expansions along with some expansion called "ca"

What should i do? ive tried the copy addons folder trick to Arma 2 oa. and that originally fixed my dayz problem, at this point right now i dont even care about wasteland but just dayz. i need a list of all my possible options. please! im getting ready to install Arma 2 again to fix serial number error, OA is still on my comp. need fast response!

Location of both originally:

D:\Programs\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead

D:\Programs\Arma 2

Shot in the dark coming.

Did you try to register the A2 Key in Steam so Steam handles both installs instead of only OA?

yes i have tried that, they say that the key doesnt exist

Yeah there's a difference between retail and steam keys, steam will not accept retail keys.

Tried that aswell when i tried to get my crap running :)

I don´t have the steam version but I know you´ve gotta install ArmA2 and OA into the same folder to make it work correctly.

Download arma ii launcher from armaholic...

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241#comments

First of all install the both games as normal.

Start one single player game on both arma ii and oa.

Then use the launcher, to set up your parameters and and the bottom right of the launcher set it to CO. which is combined ops..

You should also set it to run the beta, noworld, empty etc as it starts the game quicker...