Sign in to follow this  
gnolla

Enemy Ai doesn't shoot me

Hi,i made a custom map with the editor and i have the following problem: the enemy ai doesn't not shoot me if i run in front of them,in most of case,however some time it happens but i can run in the middle of an enemy group and nobody shoot me,in many case they greets me :butbut:;if i edit the map and put my spawn point in front of a enemy he shoot me immediatly,but if i spawn just a little bit far,behind a wall for example and than i run in front of them i can dance or stand there and nobody shoot me and in some case they greets me,any suggestion??

Best Regards

Gnolla

Single player/multiplayer same problemand it's all start mission units spawned,i've read the post linked but i can't understand wich is the solution,could you explain me clearly??? i've to put into inizialization of any unit this :" [unit] joinsilent grpNull; [unit] joinsilent dummy; [unit] joinsilent grpNull;" right??? or i've to put :"WEST setFriend [EAST,0]; EAST setFriend [WEST,0]; and in this case where i've to put that code???? any other suggestion?

please help

Thank you so much!!

---------- Post added at 00:42 ---------- Previous post was at 23:42 ----------

even with "[unit] joinsilent grpNull; [unit] joinsilent dummy; [unit] joinsilent grpNull" in any unit,they didnt attack me or other my soldier,any ideas?

Edited by gnolla

You may want to post the mission, it's hard to fix a bug that you can't replicate.

Wow that's a lot of units, it crawls on my PC and they didn't shoot me either.

I deleted loads of them and they started to respond, I can only think the CPU is overloaded.

Maybe you could try using http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10102&highlight=CACHE to try and reduce the load.

Update I did just try it myself and they are now firing without removing any objects but they are slow to respond.

Edited by F2k Sel

Wow that's a lot of units, it crawls on my PC and they didn't shoot me either.

I deleted loads of them and they started to respond, I can only think the CPU is overloaded.

Maybe you could try using http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10102&highlight=CACHE to try and reduce the load.

Update I did just try it myself and they are now firing without removing any objects but they are slow to respond.

Really thank you for your patience:),ok i've understand that arma is heavy and have a "limit",i've an intel i7 920,and it seems isn't enough:),i will try that script ,Thank you mate!! :) :) :)

maybe with a xeon e7 it works :) :)

thank you again! :) :) :)