Sign in to follow this  
IL_Fr4nk

How do I create a multiplayer server

Hello, I bought ArmA Cold War Assault with my friends (we don't have the old OFP), every time that I try to start a server, I click on new, I selct the map and the mission but my friends cannot find the server. Now I just wanna know how do I start a server on ArmA: Cold War Assault.

Listen servers (one player acts as the host) are not displayed on the browser, so you can either have your friends connect to your IP address (click "remote" in server browser and type in IP, default port 2302) or you can start a dedicated server, which can be run on the same machine you play with.

Thank you, and please can you tell me what should I do for the LAN?

It's the same thing either way. The Player/host goes to the Multiplayer screen and hits "New" button at the bottom right. This starts a Host session. The other players to join hit the "Address:" button at the bottm of the screen and make it say LAN instead of Internet.

edit: if you're connected through a router you might have to forward some ports for OFP. Like Pulverizer mentioned OFP by default uses port 2302. This will need to be forwarded. Some routers do this by setting a NAT rule. Just google port fowarding for your router type.

Edited by Zulu1
forgot something

Can't remember if ArmA1 had it but in ArmA2 just typing filter than enter servr name nvr failed

Well, it's either your firewall or routher is blocking access.

hi,

If none of the above solutions work I suggest you to change from sockets to directplay and give your IP and port to your friends.

NB: your friends must be in direcplay as well.

cya.

Nikiller.

hi,

Go to configuration panel >> security center >> windows firewall >> exeption >> allow ofp and add the port 2302.

cya.

Nikiller.