Sign in to follow this  
shammy2010

Having AI move to waypoints faster

Hi

I'm trying to have missions for my campaign where the AI leader who commands other AI units and a player unit has to move through a hostile environment to a certain location however. Whenever the AI seems to engage, they take their sweetest time moving up. They just stand there while the enemy is still firing at them and they never move up to the waypoints. Now what I want is for the AI to move to the waypoints I assigned to them through the editor a little faster under fire. Is there anyway to make them a little faster? It gets extremely boring to sit there for 10 minutes with enemies sometimes not even firing at the squad and the whole squad just sitting there waiting for the zone to be cleared out. What may be the most annoying thing is when the squad leader decides to move back and forth almost as if he's caught in a loop. IDK, maybe he is.

Any codes, scripts or anything that could maybe make them move around a little faster? Please help!

Additional information: I am using ACE and at different times, I have used Zeus AI, or ASR AI, or SLX Plus either together or individually and no difference.

while {true} do {
{
_x setBehaviour "CARELESS";
_x setSpeedMode "FULL";
} foreach units group player;
};

Put this in a trigger or script. They'll get slaughtered though because they'll rush through and won't bother engaging.

Safe and Aware are kinda useless for that since they'll just stand up and walk, slowly, slowly, slowly. The while loop is necessary because aslong as there's enemy contact they'll try setting themselves to "DANGER" mode.

Additionally, try this:

disableAI "FSM";

This will disable their behaviour scripts and should make them follow the waypoint, although untested.