FredAirland

Advanced Flight Model based on HTR

I haven't been on this forum in a while. Just checked the flight dynamics thread to see if anything had been done to improve TOH handling only to find a link to this thread. Wow. Great work Fred. I will be reinstalling the game and adding your mods. I look forward to trying them. Thanks for your efforts to improve a game which has always had the potential to be a great helicopter simulator.

I was wondering if you ever did a heavy helicopter xml file or can teach me how to do it. I am modding in A3 and would like to get new physics for are CH147

Hi, no I did not finish the heavy file and the last update was many months ago as I see the interest in TKOH helicopter plummeting....

Modding the XML files per se is easy , it is the numbers to put in that are difficult to find right... also I do not know if you can do a tandem helicopter with the physics engine....

We are currently using the xml file from the A3 Mohawk (equivalent of the heavy helo in TKOH) and it works ok... However, the Chinook is 2 times it's size, so what parameters do I need to change to simulate this? BTW, did you try applying the xml in A3? I am curious to know if it really makes a difference or the two systems are incomparable.

Hi Arma 3 uses a completely different aerodynamic system, youo will find the xml files in the pbo's but they are not used.

the parameters to change are mostly mass and moments of inertia, then it is a lot of trial and error, the mass you can get from the web, the moments of inertia are more complex I suggest using the same as the A3 and increase them if the helicopter is too sensitive, and viceversa...

Hum, that is sad, I hope it would. I guess there is no way to port theses dynamics to A3? Is TOHK also a physX game?

Hum, that is sad, I hope it would. I guess there is no way to port theses dynamics to A3? Is TOHK also a physX game?

No, TOH isn't a physx game, and you can't port to A3 as it doesn't have the Rotorflightlib built into it.

hi fred,

now as arma 3 get the new flightmodel. is it possible to convert htr to arma 3?

much appreciated.

cheers

hi fred,

now as arma 3 get the new flightmodel. is it possible to convert htr to arma 3?

much appreciated.

cheers

I've been wondering much the same thing. I'll try the same install process on the Heli content in A3... Although I reckon this will only apply for the existing helis across TOH and A3 (Littlebird, Merlin and the Huey-like one, possibly)

Cheers

Hey Fred,

Better late than never. I still play the game and love what you have dit to it. I hope they will make a TKOH 2 .

Has anyone tried Fred's samples in A3 yet? Do they work or what kind of errors/issues you get?

Hi guys, I have updated the dropbox links as requested, I am now looking to load the files in Arma 3... any help appreciated !

Fred

• Like 1

Thanks so much for this mod! As a pilot, i was really sad TKOH was almost unplayable for me, now ive landed the heli on a rooftop on a first try! :)))

Now the feeling is so much closer to the real thing 🙂