Sign in to follow this  
jureidinim

The Released SDK

I'm at work - but i see the SDK has been released for the game.

Looking at the associated wiki for the SDK, there are some pages not yet done.

Just wondering if a dev can answer for me quickly:

1) With the GUI editor (page not done on wiki) would it be relatively easy to add say a slider to the front end to....

2) .... allow for respawning of enemy carrier? Can i use the editor to have the game respawn the enemy carrier some time after it is defeated?

Until future patches fix other issues in game, if i can do these two things mentioned above i would be happy for now. :-)

1) Gui editor is rather straight forward (Drag and drop with widgets, basically a WYSIWYG editor). Alternatively you can change the layouts in the source .layout files as well (xml syntax).

It is possible to make a slider and skin it easily(I am not a designer but, I think it is actually classified as progress bar class/widget which has additional slider features embedded).

I think actually scripting the commands based on feedback from these GUI elements will be more of a challenge. Especially adding slider to main menu is a problem because right now only buttons and their "onClick" may be accessed from the scripts.

2) It should not be a problem to do what you need. I would probably suggest doing it in different way (hidden because of campaign references):

Instead of respawning the Carrier it would be more convenient to move it different position. This is actually done in Gaea Mission campaign so if you open the source for that it might give you a hint - event "OnCarrierAttacked"

Regarding the documentation - we are still adding stuff to the wiki. Also we will be putting up Work-in-progress version of documentation of all scripts used in CCGM.

And Modding section of the forums should appear soon.

Happy to hear and am looking forward to the extra information as it gets posted to the wiki :-)

Ok.. so for now a slider may be too much (for my limited capabilities.. lol) to implement. I'll take a look at your other suggestion. I'll have to wait and see what those other scripts are when you unveil them.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Happy to hear and am looking forward to the extra information as it gets posted to the wiki :-)

Ok.. so for now a slider may be too much (for my limited capabilities.. lol) to implement. I'll take a look at your other suggestion. I'll have to wait and see what those other scripts are when you unveil them.

Hmm - Edit Post not working.. oh well...

Just to clarify - I was thinking of a slider to set how long it would take for the carrier to respawn. I suppose if i can get it done using your suggested workaround (or other means) then the slider isnt really needed - i would just "hard code" what happens to the carrier upon death.

Well the problem I was talking about is in the main menu.

But even so, you could do what you need with 2 buttons and a text widget. One button would add time the other wold decrease it and the text widget would show current "time"

The readme is ambiguous about which ccsettings to edit; do i edit the one in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Carrier Command Gaea Mission or the one in C:\Users\[name]\Documents\CarrierCommand? also besides adding the modname folder to that xml file, running the unpackccgm and workbench as admin, is there anything else you need to do? I tried doing all of that and it says "config file failed to load. using defaults" which would be fine, but then an error message pops up saying "engine init error cannot load scripts." then crashed to desktop. Help please?

The readme is ambiguous about which ccsettings to edit; do i edit the one in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Carrier Command Gaea Mission or the one in C:\Users\[name]\Documents\CarrierCommand? also besides adding the modname folder to that xml file, running the unpackccgm and workbench as admin, is there anything else you need to do? I tried doing all of that and it says "config file failed to load. using defaults" which would be fine, but then an error message pops up saying "engine init error cannot load scripts." then crashed to desktop. Help please?

Hi Jit93,

To get the workbench working you need to unpack the 1.06.0011 version of the game, it won't work with 1.07.0023 or 0025, I found this out the hard way, but I eventually got it working nicely, you also need to edit the ccsettings.xml file in the CarrierCommand folder in My Documents folder and place a new path directory line pointing to your unpacked directory, this MUST be placed just below the line where it says <filesystem> ... wordpad in windows will edit it just fine.

e.g

<filesystem>

<path directory="E:\your folder here" /> ..... note the space before the forward slash.

Edit the files and scripts you want to change and copy them into your active mod folder.

Also remove this new path directory line before playing the game, and then put it back again for editing with workbench, I keep two ccsettings.xml files elsewhere and just copy each one in as needed.

To edit the latest island maps I unpacked version 1.07.0025 and copied the latest .ent files of the islands into the unpacked worlds folder in version 1.06.0011

I know it's over two years late ... but hey ... better late than never.

Edited by solrac42