Sign in to follow this  
Evie

Unable to edit 404 wasteland mission file in in-game editor

Howdy!

I've unpdo'd the files and copied the mission.pbo into the C:\Users\****\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\EvieJ\missions, then booted up OA but get nothing in the drop down loading menu in the editor.

Also I've read elsewhere that having dayz installed can mess with this somehow... is that true?

Help? Please?

Danke!

You shouldn't have @DayZ active when edting regular missions since this adds alot of stuff and messes with regular Arma. Try without @DayZ active.

You shouldn't have @DayZ active when edting regular missions since this adds alot of stuff and messes with regular Arma. Try without @DayZ active.

Right just did a vanilla install of it all to make sure dayz is gone.

So My original folder placement was correct yes?

Try the MP editor. Instead of missions, use MPMissions, start up a local server and edit the mission via mp editor. And DayZ should not interfere with Wasteland, as long as you do not have it active in your shortcut.

Hey Evie,

The best way to find the exact folder is to go in to the editor, "Save" a mission with a unique name, and then do a search for that name. Because recent versions of Windows index your documents folders it should appear straight away.

You might find you have two folders, in which case you want the one that contains the mission.sqm.

Also, if you can't get in to the editor for whatever reason (or want to skip the menus) you can actually add the full path to the mission and have ARMA jump straight in to the editor; see the command line argument guide for details:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Startup_Parameters

This lets you edit the mission any place on your hard drive; the only thing you have to be wary of is that the mission.sqm is contained in a folder that ends in the world name, e.g. "mymission.chernarus".