Sign in to follow this  
iceman77

Secondary Ops Dialog for SP [Some completed work I thought I'd share]

secops.jpg

Download

IMPORTANT!!! THIS DIALOG DOES NOT CREATE THE OBJECTIVES FOR YOU!!! THAT'S UP TO YOU TO CREATE YOUR OWN OBJECTIVES!!!

I've completed my first ever dialog. SecOps is a side objectives dialog I decided to do for a SP campaign. The player can choose to accept or decline an objective. It's fully customizable. Add your own picture,script, objective title & objective overview/description. Easily, edit for adding additional objectives.You can see how to call the dialog in the example mission. I recommend previewing the example mission, and then go into the dialogs\GUIPopup.sqf for further details.

Possible Issues: Made for SP. MP compatability is unknown.

Notes: It's possible to use SecOps as a simple yes / no dialog for other things besides objectives.Make sure your picture is roughly the size of the window to avoid images being distorted.Do Not make the description/overview too long. It can extend down to the top of the buttons. Also, SecOps doesn't create objectives for you. That's all up to you to make & design the objectives.

Changes:

v2:To prevent the dialog possibly getting a player killed, the game world halts/freezes when the SecOps dialog is opened. Using external .hpps now instead of description.ext. Shortened up the dialog overall.SecOps is now easier to customize. You can now pass the objective title, objective description and the objective picture to the dialog. Also, users can pass an action to the buttons (call a script). Multiple dialogs no longer have to be defined if one wants to use SecOps popup dialog for more than one objective.Only one .SQF file is needed to edit for custom use.

v1: released

credits:

Mike Boy - Helping me to understand external hpps

Das Attourney - for clarifying some things in general about dialogs

Neokika - showing me how to pass text to the dialog

JW Custom - showing me how to pass structured text to the dialog

Myself - Designed the dialog/concept. Scripted the dialog.

BI GUI Editor tool - Before using this tool, I didn't have any clue about where to start. After using the tool,everything "clicked" in my brain. I'm able to now design a dialog without such a tool. Which is probably more satisfactory than SecOps itself.

Anyone is free to use the dialog. Just give me credit on any releases. If you make any changes to it, let me know, I'm interested.

Edited by Iceman77

Updated for any who may be interested.

Changes:

v2:To prevent the dialog possibly getting a player killed, the game world halts/freezes when the SecOps dialog is opened.Using external .hpps now instead of description. Shortened up the dialog overall.SecOps is now easier to customize. You can now pass the objective title, objective description and the objective picture to the dialog. Also, users can pass an action to the buttons (call a script). Multiple dialogs no longer have to be defined if one wants to use SecOps popup dialog for more than one objective.Only one file is needed to edit for custom use. >> dialogs\GUIPopup.sqf

Edited by Iceman77

This looks very nice Iceman, I like the look, and looking at it, it looks pretty simple to configure to a makers needs. Defiantly gonna try and implement this into something in the near future.

Thanks Kilerbee. I'm glad you think it looks easy to configure.

This looks promising. I hope there will be a database of random missions. I would like to make a mission based around caring out small missions and operating from a base, with helo transport, support etc. The only thing Im missing is random mission generator as SOM dosent cut for me very well.

Oww good stuff man! Will try it ASAP, i hope it works on MP too! :D

Oww good stuff man! Will try it ASAP, i hope it works on MP too! :D

To prevent the dialog from getting the player killed, enableSimulation = false Allows for the game to halt when the dialog pops up. I'm not sure if that conflicts with MP or if / how it would even work. I'd make sure and disable enableSimulation or set it to true before attempting MP.Though, maybe you could just leave it and MP would disable enableSimualtion automatically. Aside from that maybe, I'm not sure how it works in MP. It's intended for SP.

Edited by Iceman77

You will have to set the objectives to use local markers etc for mp if its player specific, and have conditions for whether players are in groups. Guessing u will have to use pvs to control it for mp side purposes. All will then see the marker and objective.

This looks promising. I hope there will be a database of random missions. I would like to make a mission based around caring out small missions and operating from a base, with helo transport, support etc. The only thing Im missing is random mission generator as SOM dosent cut for me very well.

Just to be clear, ATM SecOps dialog doesn't create the objectives for you. That's all up to you. The dialog is just a nice way to accept or decline a side mission (one that you've made). As Mikie Boy has shown some interest, we're eventually going to make SecOps MP Compatible & compile a vast amount of random side objectives, with small voice overs, to include with SecOps , as an optional feature. That will take some time though, to make unique side missions etc. It should server as a reliable SOM of a sort.

If anyone else wants to help out to enhance SecOps, send a PM to me or Mikie Boy.

Edited by Iceman77