Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ancient Era Mod

i could give a hand making some missions for the release, if you need a hand ice just send a PM and ill give you steam addy
    Last edited by ryanbeckey0; Jan 19 2013 at 19:02.

I must say it looks indeed amazing so far and when its done it will be a lot of fun,same go's for the medieval mod(cant wait).but there was something else intresting about those last movies that you posted and i am suprised its not been noticed! its in the formation those units are in,there in a "Line" formation shoulder to shoulder, dont know how you do it,but if they can stand in line all they need are muskets and then the possibilities are endless
    But for now Rome will do fine.

your radio silence is killing me, any news/answers for us ?

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanbeckey0 View Post
    your radio silence is killing me, any news/answers for us ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Spoetnik View Post
    I must say it looks indeed amazing so far and when its done it will be a lot of fun,same go's for the medieval mod(cant wait).but there was something else intresting about those last movies that you posted and i am suprised its not been noticed! its in the formation those units are in,there in a "Line" formation shoulder to shoulder, dont know how you do it,but if they can stand in line all they need are muskets and then the possibilities are endless
    But for now Rome will do fine.
    Sorry if it gave the impression but the formations seen in the video are just waypoints setup orderly. However ProfT (ond others?) created a line fighting script in OFP which worked pretty well. Something like this would then have to be incorporated into the current script but I dunno if it would work great.

I'm not a great scripter, I only understand half of rydygiers melee script . I'm also thinking about maybe having two different scripts for SP/coop and MP (no AI) with the latter using real projectiles in melee (instead of scripted damage). I'll give this scripting stuff some time soon - lately I've converted some VVV mod buildings from Stu/ProfT.

Nice to see your advances here
    Hope your going to do some simple tute when all is done on any progress you made on animations , I get so many questions but I don't have any BIS things anymore
    I will hopefully re install on new pc when this is out tho .

I think you can define new formations for your units , there are a few ways and are in the allinine .cppp .
    look for cfgformations and formation X and Y in base class of cfg Man/ALL

keep it up

ah i see, i suspose staggered column,delta and line will have to suffice for now, keep up the great work
    Last edited by ryanbeckey0; Jan 28 2013 at 00:01.

will we have blufor and opfor in the release or will there be a independant army aswell?

another thing sorry, will we get a plain map with a few forests and time period camps? or vanilla maps for now

Perhaps try merging your recent post flood into one message, ryanbeckey0?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast