Sign in to follow this  
slatts

M16a3

A very quick and simple reconfig of the M16A2 to fire in fully automatic mode to resemble the M16A3

Pic: http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/arma2oa2013-01-0717-38-52-45_zpsc67b4a29.png

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?gg83oa38u0edupz

You'll find it under -ammo-> M16A3 box, classname is SLTS_M16A3

Bug with JSRS has been fixed, new file is available

Edited by Slatts

Why thank you Mr. Fox :)

I guessing this was a config change only to function like an M16A3, but if you didn't know, the A3 has a removable carry handle like on the A4, but the round handguards of the A2.

nice work :D I actually like it, what about making variants like with grenade launcher and sights?

I guessing this was a config change only to function like an M16A3, but if you didn't know, the A3 has a removable carry handle like on the A4, but the round handguards of the A2.

Oh? From what I could find it was just an A2 made to fire full auto.

@Sakai, maybe, this was more of a spur of the moment addon ;)

Oh? From what I could find it was just an A2 made to fire full auto.

@Sakai, maybe, this was more of a spur of the moment addon ;)

Oh I see, well either way if you will be thinking of making some variants, for love of BIS please make one M16A3 look like this one!

http://img.redwolfairsoft.com/upload/product/img/NM-16A3-SMAX-E-1L.jpg

http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/3/2506/ka-ag-22_hd.jpg

I think its called "SMAX" and it looks freaking epic than the normal M16's sights

EDIT: Well tried to test the gun out, just in case, when you start the game it gives an error: arma2oa_2013_01_08_17_36_50_723.jpg

And another one arma2oa_2013_01_08_17_39_33_503.jpg so right now its simple semi m16 cant switch anything.

Edited by Sakai

Yes, I found out it is a comparability error with JSRS, I am looking into it

---------- Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:09 ----------

The error with JSRS appears to be fixed, new link is up now

Slatts, even tho its a quick config change its epic! I love the way of full auto of M16! I hope one day you might try doing the suggestions I posted.

The mod works perfectly now.

Mind if I ask whats the classlist name?

Class name is SLTS_M16A3

If I recall correctly, the M16A3 is essentially just an M16A2 with M16A1 internal components.

From the outside, the M16A3 is nearly identical to an M16A2, if my memory serves me correctly.

The only weapon in the M16 series (besides the M4 carbine series) that features a removable carrying handle is the M16A4, which is essentially identical to the M16A2 in all regards except the removable carrying handle.

See here for more examples:

The M16A3 is a fully automatic variant of the M16A2 adopted in small numbers around the time of the introduction of the M16A2, primarily by the U.S. Navy for use by SEAL, Seabee, and Security units.[67] It features the M16A1 trigger group providing "safe", "semi-automatic", and "fully automatic" modes.

EDIT: Here's a picture of the M16A3, almost the same as the M16A2, except the markings on the mag-well stating that it is an "M16A3", the FNMI markings, and the markings on the fire selector for single, safe, and auto.

If Slatts's wanted to make this mod 100% accurate, he'd have to rewrite the markings and logo on the weapon itself, but since nobody spends their gametime reading weapon markings, its just fine. Good mod, Slatts, I'll be using it in the game a lot. Thanks! :)

scaled.php?server=827&filename=m16a3fn.jpg&res=landing

Edited by Laqueesha

Ty Laqueesha and Fox :)

I could find very little info to go off except for "The M16A3 resembles the A2 apart from fully automatic fire" so a quick config change was that was needed.

Ty Laqueesha and Fox :)

I could find very little info to go off except for "The M16A3 resembles the A2 apart from fully automatic fire" so a quick config change was that was needed.

No problem. The M16A3 and M16A2 are practically identical on the outside. Think of them as fraternal twins, almost.

EDIT: Here's a picture of the M16A3, almost the same as the M16A2, except the markings on the mag-well stating that it is an "M16A3", the FNMI markings, and the markings on the fire selector for single, safe, and auto.

server=827&filename=m16a3fn.jpg&res=landing[/url][/url]

I think we're both right. I did a little reading after seeing your reply. It looks like a a lot of M16A3's in Navy service are frankenguns they made with A2 uppers and A1 lowers. Some were fully produced as M16A3's by FN and were initally made with an A2 upper but mid production run they switched to a flat top upper. The vast majority in service are fixed carry handle. That being the case, rock on slatts, sorry for the misinformation, these look good.

Don't worry it's OK :) I'm glad to get feedback either way :)

Any possibility to make the Auto sound have JSRS sound from burst or something?

What I mean is Auto mode has totally differ sound than burst when using JSRS :(

Yea maybe, to be fair this was made for vanilla OA and I can't help it if 3rd party mods clash.

Regardless of whether it's accurate or not great little mod this, gotta love Full-Auto M16s