Sign in to follow this  
xJordannx

Place hands on head script

Hi, I'm new to ArmA 2 coding and I was wondering if anyone could help me make a script so that when you press Tab it puts your hands on your head,

Thanks.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ctrlSetEventHandler

(findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["keyDown", "if ((_this select 1) == ???) then {hint '??? key pressed';}"];

You need to find the DIK code for the TAB key and put it in the above '???' - here:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/DIK_KeyCodes

then:

(findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["keyDown", "if ((_this select 1) == ???) then {player PlayACTION 'amovpercmstpsnonwnondnon_amovpercmstpssurwnondnon'; player enablesimulation false;}"];
(findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["keyUp", "if ((_this select 1) == ???) then {player enablesimulation true;}"];

Are you sure it's wise to use the TAB key? Might be best to unbind one of the lesser used keys - eg diary and use that instead? You may need an additional condition to check the player isn't in a vehicle when this is used, if using TAB.

Edited by Mattar_Tharkari

That won't work, as soon as you use player enablesimulation false; it will freeze, the action won't even start without a delay between the two.

you may have to use player PlayACTION "surrender".

I think "amovpercmstpsnonwnondnon_amovpercmstpssurwnondnon" only work with playmove, switchmove.

Yeah wondered about that - disableAI / enableAI "ANIM" doesn't work for players either? I was trying to think of a way to freeze the player in the animation while the key was down - the player PlayACTION "surrender" might do it all.

If that doesn't work another way is to use an addAction with a defined shortcut key.

I seem to have something working just place this in a trigger or init.sqf file

hoh=(findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["keyDown", "if ((_this select 1) == 15) then {;null = [player] execvm 'hands.sqf'}"];

then save this script as "hands.sqf"

// Player hands on head using TAB key (15)
// place this next line in a trigger on init.sqf ,it won't work from a units init.
// hoh=(findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["keyDown", "if ((_this select 1) == 15) then {;null = [player] execvm 'hands.sqf'}"];
// it may take a second or two to take hands off the head

end_hands = true;

_unit = _this select 0;
_unit playaction "surrender";
(finddisplay 46) displayremoveeventhandler ["KeyDown",hoh]; 
hoh=(findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["keyDown", "if ((_this select 1) == 15) then {end_hands=false}"];

while {end_hands} do {
         sleep 0.01;
         _unit playaction "surrender";
   };

hoh=(findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["keyDown", "if ((_this select 1) == 15) then {;null = [player] execvm 'hands.sqf'}"];

If you unit has no weapons it's easier

call with this in an init.sqf or trigger

hoh=(findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["keyDown", "if ((_this select 1) == 15) then {removeallweapons player; playaction 'surrender'}"];

any movement key will cancel the action.

Edited by F2k Sel

That's a good un^!

Regarding the key codes from the link in post #2 - they are in hexidecimal so:

Hexadecimal: 	0 	1 	2 	3 	4 	5 	6 	7 	8 	9 	A 	B 	C 	D 	E 	F
   Decimal: 	0 	1 	2 	3 	4 	5 	6 	7 	8 	9 	10 	11 	12 	13 	14 	15

DIK_TAB 0x0F

You use the digits after the x:

0 x 16 = 0

F = 15

0+15 = 15

Tab code = 15

so:

DIK_A 0x1E = 30

DIK_B 0x30 = 48

DIK_C 0x2E = 46

DIK_D 0x20 = 32

Or you code let the keydown do it for you

hoh=(findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["keyDown", "hint str (_this select 1)"];

it will display the number of the key pressed.

The only problem would be if the user maps his keys in a different way.

Isn't "Surrender" already mapped in the default ArmA2? I'm pretty sure it is and it does just that - put the hands behind the players head. Just a thought.

It may be sitting is, although the question has been asked a few times.

It is - you just have to enable it under - options / controls. Only works properly if you drop your weapons from the gear menu 1st so what F2k wrote is actually a needed improvement.

Hi, I was wondering, and hoping that I am not off topic but....

Is it possible to get this shaved up a bit and used for a "Capture" animation? When capturing a unit, they do the "hands on head" animation? That would include when the captured unit joins your group and follows you to the next location...

Sorry, just putting that out there.....