Sign in to follow this  
mordeaniischaos

How to create scripted, triggered Artillary Strike

I'm trying to learn the editor tools, and want to do a sort of black hawk down scenario where a chopper malfunctions, crash lands with a large city between the downed operators and a friendly base. I'd like the city to be shelled while they are establishing a plan to approach the city. I also don't want it to be clear who is performing the strike, because they won't be in communication with friendly forces after the crash.

I just want a real simple artillery strike, and maybe occasional rounds hitting throughout the mission ever couple of minutes. What's the easiest way to go about doing this? I'd be happy with anything, I want to become more familiar with the artillery system, and this seemed as good a place as any to start.

Sorry if this has already been touched on, I wasn't able to find with a search.

It has been touched on, not sure if you just searched for the right things.

To simulate the helicopter crash;

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?117064-Looking-for-Helicopter-crash-script&p=1891310&viewfull=1#post1891310

To simulate Arty rounds going off;

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&id=98635

Just edit to your liking. I tested both, they do work. Since you want them around the mission / city. Just put delays & spread at random, and whatnot to simulate a city is getting shelled. If you need more places, you could just make another sqf file and more triggers.

Hmm, that's really useful, thanks! That said, would and of the crash scripts work if there was a human pilot? Would I just use the rotor damage and effect and ignore the rest?

I suppose I'll just play with it :D