Sign in to follow this  
MissionCreep

D-Day DLC D-Day landing - My platoon are all dead when I advance beyond the wire

Hi ... am enjoying this as I did the Eastern Front. I generally can't advance very far on the D-Day landing. I can fairly easily make my way to the beachhead, plant the charges and detonate a hole in the wire. Once I start to advance I realize my entire platoon is dead or at best I have a couple of injured members left crawling around who are quickly mopped up. Am I supposed to direct the entire platoon in some way to keep them alive (other than "disembark" and "move to next waypoint")? I can't even tell them to follow my stance, as it is greyed out. Is the AI all buggy, or am I not doing something correctly. BTW, I'm playing as Recruit. I end up being surrounded by Germans with no cover or support in the bushes on my way to the bunker (next waypoint) and always end up outnumbered and dead.

I only have a flare gun to begin with, but I get a M1 Garand and lots of ammo off a dead squaddie to the right of the demolition crate. I find the M1 is a good weapon for the engagement distances, 200 m or so, to the German covering fire.

Edited by MissionCreep