Sign in to follow this  
kilrbe3

AI has stopped following orders

Hello all;

I seemed to have a issue arise lately. ( And yes I've searched like a good little boy :P )

Seems on my current mission I am designing, I've run into a snag. The AI just will not listen to orders. I can get one order out "All, halt". It says it, But they don't follow it. Than any other order I give after that, no text, nothing, no moving, they just run & follow me around. Now this ain't my first rodeo, But this is the first time I have run into this issue, ever.

For starters, there is nothing at all complex in the mission file. No addons (expect client side ones. STHud, JSRS, STMovement & CBA respectfully). I have tried removing scripts one by one, and yet the problem still exist. Only script that I have running that I can think would cause this, would be UPSMON. Which is what I am using. I read the UPSMON thread, and found no one else with the issue reported. I tried removing UPSMON and the problem is still there, they wont follow orders. I than tried another UPS script, problem still there. Course tried no Patrol script, problem still here. I checked to make sure the Squad Leader's were Higher ranks than the squad members, they were. So that's not the problem.

Now, the funky thing is. This worked perfectly for two days of testing with my mate. Than all of a sudden last night when testing with a mate, it started to have odd AI issues. AI would respawn & not move. Not listen to orders, and stand there like a pile of rocks they are. We tried resetting the mission, didn't fix it. Reset server, didn't fix it. I tried a clean new mission, still wont listen to orders. I have no clue what is going on.

I am running out of options / thoughts here.. Is this just another classic case of "ARMA being ARMA?".... Or something else? Thoughts?

-Cheers

EDIT: I think I have ruled out the cause. Believe it was a bad beta patch. Once I installed the latest BETA, I was able to order units again. I made sure it just wasn't the BETAs. So I re-disabled STMovement to see if that was the cause. They still wouldnt move. Re-enabled it, wouldn't move. But on the latest BETA with or without STMovement on, they listen. Must have been a buggy BETA patch. Believe it was 100296 or 100258. Probably should of tried that before this post. But Mods, if could leave this up anyways incase the problem comes back , that be great. As it still may be something else. I'll have to give it a day and see. Thanks

Edited by KilrBe3