Sign in to follow this  
mihikle

not alive (triggers)

Hi guys

Making a mission where there is a small convoy of 4 vehicles (truck1, truck2, truck3 and truck4) that move along a track and the players have to ambush them somewhere along that track. At a nearby airfield there will be a Quick Reaction Force that will respond if the convoy is ambushed. The players then have to run back to a forward operating base and defend it until a Chinook arrives to pick them up.

What I basically need is some type of code I can put in a trigger which basically says (below code) in the 'condition' section.

if either truck1, truck2, truck3 or truck4 notAlive;

I'm pretty much a noob at scripting so the above is probably unlikely or is written entirely differently. So would this work or am I barking up the wrong tree entirely? Or would I have to make four separate triggers (one for each truck) and sync them to the same waypoint?

Cheers,

Michael

{not alive _x} count [truck1,truck2,truck3,truck4] > 0

Edited by ProfTournesol

Put it in the condition field:

(!alive truck1) OR (!alive truck2) OR (!alive truck3) OR (!alive truck4)

Well the second reply looked easier to understand so I used that and it worked perfectly. Thank you very much radeck1983!

Well the second reply looked easier to understand so I used that and it worked perfectly. Thank you very much radeck1983!

Yes but the first reply is just as good & when you'll be checking alot of objects, is where you'll want to use it for sure.

Edited by Iceman77